Handlebars? - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

Handlebars?

Sup everybody, im pretty new to the board and raptors. I've been looking through the site for a while and found it helpful with alot of things. I have a 2005 660r and put the big three on it so now looking for some new handle bars. If you guys have any opinion's on what brand and style i should go with for feel free to let me know. I have been lookng at the renthal off road bars and pro taper but need some advice on different set ups and if you guys have pictures of your set up post them up so i can see how they look.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 04:10 PM

Re: Handlebars?

if you are tall get high bend handlebars. widder handlebars help with handling too
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

Na im short........... 5'7

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 06:04 PM

i loved the feel of the stock bars and when they snaped in 2 i wanted another set of better bars but with the same bend what i found was pro taper "atv highbend se" (se= seven eights ) bars they are very close to the stock bend i think they are only a bit wider nothing wrong with that tho but i have had them for almost 4 years and love them never had a problem with them at all highly recomended here but i also see now that pro taper has a "raptor bend" but i donno anything about that if its just a name or if its liek the stock raptor bars

pro taper se bars (where you will find the "atv highbend")
http://www.protaper.com/contents/pro...lebars/se.html

pro taper contour bars (where you will find the "raptor" bend)
http://www.protaper.com/contents/pro...s/contour.html

and the evo handlebar donno anything of it right now but it looks to be a really nice bar
http://www.protaper.com/contents/pro...ars/index.html
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 07:19 PM

I've got some Renthal High Bend Twin Wall Bars, they work great. I also found that tilting them farther forward then stock helps out the handling, and helps you keep your seat a little farther forward, eliminating wheelies when you don't want them.

You could also try the Renthal Fat Bars, they look cool, but since my existing bars are fine, I haven't tried them yet, I believe you will need a yoke adapter though for the Fat Bars, but in Billet Aluminum they look pretty cool.

The big thing to watch for is a ATV style bar, most motocross bards (bikes) will hit your gas tank when you turn.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 08:28 PM

if you have the money id go with the flexx bars, they are spendy ($300) but vary well worth it.there's loads of info. on them. my friend has them, they have little shock absorbers on them to smooth out the impact of jumps and bumps. I know when mine go bad thats what im getting.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice fellas....
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 09:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to chevz7194

TAG T-2 raptor bend.

2006 700- Monster Big Core Single, Tech 11.5:1 Piston, HDD5050, Bo Trex II, MSD w/ HDD curves, +3 TB, Pro Design w/ K&N, CCP Stabilizer, AC Pro Pegs, Flexx Bars, Houser MGC A-arms, Elka Stage 4, Atv4Play Stem, Maxxis Razr II, Quadtech Seat

2007 700- Stock

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers, for he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother - Henry V

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in