i think i killed it - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

i think i killed it

well i went riding with my 2001 660r today with my friend. first time i had a chance to really ride it since i got my maxxis razrs (which by the way kick A**). anyways we were riding for about and hour and a half, two hours. mud and hills havin' a blast when we were messin around thrown mud. I was then going to head out to hit the hills when the fourwheeler stalled. so i started it again this time it had a very distinct crackling noise the and had almost no power. so i shut it down and and checked oil it, was ok. so against my better judgment i hoped back on it and rode back to the trailer about 400 feet or so and shut it off and went home upset. so now my thought is that the plug was only half firing, or the carbs got screwed up and was only working off one, kinda ruled that out seems really unlikley. or the most likely that i can think of is that i burnt up a exhaust valve and im lossing compression so thats where the sound and loss of power are coming from IMO. so tell me what you think you guys are the shiz'nit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 12:05 PM

Re: i think i killed it

First and foremost check your parking brake setup.

Then make sure you've got a good seal on the plug and pop a new one in there.

Could have just gotten an electrical connection wet, not a bad idea to grease any that are exposed.

Mike

Photobucket is trash now, use something else.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode