My 2002 686 3 plugger - Page 2 - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 07:44 PM
If you don't wreck, you don't ride

Wow willy, I'm so sorry to hear that. Like the rest have said, at least your family and yourself are ok. But again I'm sorry to hear this. I hope the passion hasn't died as well. Keep plugging away my friend. We sure would hate to see you leave, especially since you have given so many years on here and only contributed great things to the sport. Again my condolences.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 12:46 PM

Very sorry to hear about this. Especially cruel to have it happen to someone who has always been so willing to help others and share his time and expertise. Our sympathies are with you and your son. I hope you're able to salvage something from the shop.

Mike

Photobucket is trash now, use something else.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 02:57 PM

Garage
So sorry man, I have qwite a few spare parts from the inside of an 08 700 motor if you need anything to help you get going again pm me and you can have it!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Andon Jones AKA Jones m4n117

06 Raptor 700r 50th ed
-GYTR exhaust and intake, Pro Design Uni (THANK YOU Santa DEZ! ),YFZ fronts and 700r rear all done the the "King Of The Spring" Jogaca!! ,PC3 ,TUSK nerf bars,GBC XC-Masters rear and fronts,AC racing bumper,6000k Bi-Xenons,trail tech bars,ODI grips,TUSK hand guards, and the best graduation present ever!

If you feel like watching some Raptor vids take a look!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJZ...3HMTWOG6OgX6Fw

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 03:21 PM

I have some parts from a 2004 raptor. Mostly a arms shocks tie rods stuff like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 04:19 PM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Garage
Hey Killer, so, everyone thinks your name is Willy. Maybe it will put a smile on your face if you tell the story about Willy.

'19 Can-Am X3, RS Turbo, 172 HP, 1300x15 STU #2 paddle, Tribute front, DynaTec controller, cat delete, GTP blow off valve, custom flame wrap, Bent Metal windshield, Blazer wiper, rear window, 48in LED light bar, 14in LED light bar, GTP LED side lights, S3 shock tower brace, aluminum rear pull plate, 5K Badlands winch, dual batteries, 5ft lighted whips, Rugged radio and intercom, interior lights, rock lights, chase lights, over $200 additional switches, YES, street legal with dirt tires.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
I am unique

I will someday tell my story some day.
But I'll say this.
My mind is very occupied right now with cleaning up this mess. Cleanup has started on the site. The wood framed structure was a 91X51 building with 16 foot walls. All white steel inside and also steel outside. The shop was always very clean inside as fire was my biggest concern. But not from the building but from equipment we worked on.
The fire started at about 8.45pm April 11th. My son noticed there was something wrong with the phones in his house. After checking his house for possible problems he walked over to the shop to see if the shop phone may have been left off the hook. That's when he found out that something was seriously wrong. Both 16X14 shop doors were wide open and smoke was exiting from the east door. He ran into the shop and tried to extinguish the fire that was high in the south wall but couldn't because of heavy smoke. He is also a volunteer fire fighter and knows his boundaries. He then ran over to my place and told me that the shop was on fire. The shop is situated on a 35 acre lot with my son and my house on either side of the shop.
When I ran over to the shop my first thoughts were that it wasn't to serious but within seconds I realized it was very serious when I started hearing tin starting to snap from heat.
My son was able to get my YXZ out of the shop and I had to move my truck out of the way and then I retrieved our forklift and then entered the shop once more to get my two sleds. They were in their summer storage rack which I had installed wheels on a week before. My son and I forced the two sleds out between the door and a backhoe under repairs. The upper sled on the rack had a cover that was on fire. We pulled that off. There's a bit of damage to the seat and windshield. I thought of trying to get the backhoe out but by then it was too hot to enter. My son and I did get some burns from saving the sleds. After that, all I could do was watch helplessly.
Within 45 minutes of us first seeing the fire the roof was totally collapsed. The Ontario Fire Marshall investigated the fire. He was concerned of the fact that both overhead doors were open.
In the end he determined the fire started in the office most likely from our surveillance equipment. Pictures I took at the time of the fire confirmed something burned a hole right through the exterior tin wall exactly where this equipment was situated.
So equipment that I had installed years ago to help protect the premises caused its demise.
That sucks.
Cammy and Brandon Laughery like this.

686 three plugger with HV porting, 39 FCRS, Curtis Sparks exhaust, Dyna FS CDI
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 10:47 PM
POTW Moderator

Garage
Wow, what a heart sinking story...

Glad you and your family are ok other than the unfortunate loss of machinery and such. I really hope you guys had insurance on the building.

[U]2006 raptor 700

DMC Force 4's, FCI W/box, Dynatek Fusion,
CP 11:1 piston, BaMotorsports porting, HC3
RacersEdge +3TB
YFZ 450 fronts & reworked rear by JOGACA
Trailtech 1 1/8 xbar w/vapor dash & Vapor installed
ODI Rogue grips & ASV pro pack levers
Fastway steering stabilizer
68HP 49TQ

PM me if you need service manuals
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
I am unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEZPERADO View Post
Hey Killer, so, everyone thinks your name is Willy. Maybe it will put a smile on your face if you tell the story about Willy.
Willykiller name was derived from a snowmobile trip I went on with friends many years ago. One friends name was willy. A very competitive friend. I designed a set of weights for my clutch just for that trip. They were called willykiller weights. And they did quieten Willy for the weekend.
They were designed to engage at 5900 rpm but right after engagement I could idle down to 2800 rpm and drive slowly by backing off the throttle. Or I could just wale on the throttle and leave everyone.

686 three plugger with HV porting, 39 FCRS, Curtis Sparks exhaust, Dyna FS CDI
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 02:38 PM

That makes me rethink every screen/nick name I've ever used.
Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andon Jones and Simont122 like this.

I wouldn't wanna be a member of any club that would have me.
06, 11:1, HC3, +3TB, Barkers, PCV w/DL700 timing+autotune, rigid light bar, HIDs in stock housings, 2 AUX floods, FCI w/box, Fastflexx bars, JOGACA shocks, driveline performance clutch with full fiber mod, pro armor nerfs, honda thumb throttle, sixpack rack(holds 12 if still in the box).
'74 wife, w/big 2.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode