Clutch replacement. - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Clutch replacement.

I thought I read somewhere, that when replacing the clutch you can tilt the quad over to not lose oil. Not sure if this is accurate or not? Only reason I am inquiring is because I just did an oil change and would like to eliminate the need to drain and fill if possible.
And I would imagine, nothing you can do to save the coolant from running out?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 10:53 AM

Garage
Yeah you can get a few tow straps and find a good set of hook points on your frame and just have it sit on its tires and it will help with the whole process, not just oil. Stacking those clutch friction plates and separators a lot easier since they won't be able to fall out.

(Thor) 2016 Raptor 700r SE
11.1 CP Piston, HC3, Cuervo Racing +3 TB, Gutted Big Guns EXO, Pro Design Foam Intake, AIS Delete, PCV & Autotune with Cuervo Timing Curve, Driveline Performance HD Clutch, GBC XC Master Tires, Trail Tech Vapor With Billet Mount, Powermadd Star Series Hand Guards, ODI Rogue Grips, Custom Grab Bar, Pro Armor Bully Guard, Pro Armor Full Skids, TM Designworks Poly Case Saver, Auxbeam 12'' LED Light Bar, Front & Rear Shock Rebuild by Jogaca
Authorized Amsoil Dealer
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 09:01 PM

Yup thats what i did last time. Still loose a bit of oil and coolant but not as much as the regular way

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBYRW View Post
I thought I read somewhere, that when replacing the clutch you can tilt the quad over to not lose oil. Not sure if this is accurate or not? Only reason I am inquiring is because I just did an oil change and would like to eliminate the need to drain and fill if possible.
And I would imagine, nothing you can do to save the coolant from running out?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If your raptors clutch is smoked then I'd change the oil to remove the debris / fiber material that's in the oil.

Trying to skimp on maintaining / doing it the proper way just costs you more money end the end.

2003 Limited Edition Raptor
Kenz 720cc 11:1 stroker, +1 valves, Mega Cycle X-4 Cam, Sparks 6x Big Core, Keihin 35mm FCR's. 158 mains, 52 pilots, fuel screws 2 turns out.

97 Banshee
F.A.S.T. Dune Ported 4mill, CPI Inframes, Keihin PWK33's, Direct Drive Lockup. 158 mians, CEL needles second clip, #48 pilots, air scews 2.0 turns out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode