Jetting or NO Jetting - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Jetting or NO Jetting

Hi guys i had a quick question for u raptor pro's since i just bought my first yamaha raptor i dont know if i did good or not, well the story is this. I bought a raptor 660 2001 in phoenix arizona and i live in albuquerque new mexico. when i go trailing and im in a higher gear then im supposed to the bike bogs out like if the engine was getting a lot of gas or somthing. another example is when i pop a wheelie the bike also bogs out and i cant start it within another 8-14 minutes.the last example i have for u guys is that when i try starting my bike the next day or w.e. i have to get pulled by another bike to start the bike, it wont start on its own, the only time it starts on its own is after i get pulled and i stop the bike for whatever reason, and i have to tighten the screw by the motor all the way to be able to start it. and then un tighten it a bit. what does this sound like guys do u think i need to jet it or is IT A BIG PROBLEM AND GOING TO COST ME A LOT OF MONEY =\. THANK YOU GUYS WHO POST A REPLY TRYING TO HELP ME OUT REALLY APPRECIATE IT .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 10:15 PM

Re: Jetting or NO Jetting

stuck carb float, dirt in the float valve? Not getting enough gas it sounds like? Try removing the parking brake sensor as well. If it is malfunctioning it will cut your revs. It's in the raptor 660 maintenance section. Easy mod.

Since I have nothing useful to say, I mock those that do.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 09:59 PM

WE HAVE A LEAAAAANNN CONDITION!!!!!!!!!!!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastone20
WE HAVE A LEAAAAANNN CONDITION!!!!!!!!!!!
kinda what i was thinkin but i only gave causes.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peels660
stuck carb float, dirt in the float valve? Not getting enough gas it sounds like? Try removing the parking brake sensor as well. If it is malfunctioning it will cut your revs. It's in the raptor 660 maintenance section. Easy mod.
SO how much does it cost to do that since im a raptor newbie i dont want to mess somthing up in the motor what do i tell the ppl in yamaha dealer...
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 11:00 AM

$0 just do as "Limited660" describes in these pictures. Takes 5 minutes just cut the wire from the sensor to the switch mounted on the clutch perch. Not sure a dealer will even do it for ya. Heres a link to that thread on the forum.

https://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=15078.0

If it is your carbs, heres the link to everything you need to know about Raptor carbs. Pretty easy to do it yourself, but dealer would be charging $150-250 to do it. I'd rather do it myself. As fastone20 says, I think you are lean, which means too much air and not enough gas is getting to the cylinder. Something is plugged or you have wrong size jets or something is stuck like needle valve or float valve not letting enough gas into the bowl. This link will help you figure it out. You can find everything you need by searching the forum.

https://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=834.0

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode