Jetting - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

Jetting

I’ve been reading in here about jet kits and it’s either Vito’s or dyno jet. Well I got on Vito’s website and there’s no jet kits just the main fuel screw anyone know if they just quit making them? I just got a used full exhaust and it seems to be running pretty lean poping and such on decel and not wanting to idle. The only reason I’m asking is b/c most of the posts I find about all this are 2012 and lower and after I clicked a link for Vito’s and it didn’t pull anything up I figured I would just ask, if not allowed tell me and I’ll delete the post. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 10:31 PM

All I could find for mine was the DJ stage 2 kit which worked perfectly. I put a full Yoshi exhaust and removed my box lid and added a UNI filter. The DJ kit has the main jets you need but if you change your intake side like I did, you'll need to size up your pilot jet too. I tried it without a new pilot like the DJ instructions say but it was too lean so I ordered a size up from jetsrus.com
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 10:33 PM

I should add that Vitto has some brass fuel air mixture screws that have a knob on them that make the final tuning so easy compared to stock, worth the money IMHO

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

Alright thanks for the info and I seen those on Vito’s website, seems like alil more work then I would like to do. I don’t really plan on doing a whole lot to other then the exhaust and removing the air box lid that’s why I was mainly looking for just a normal jet kit.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 05:33 PM

Open air box and exhaust needs aftermarket needles. A dynojet stage 2 kit is the only way to get a set of needles now days. Dynojet isn't really any harder to jet than any other kit. Lean is still lean and rich is still rich. They just have a different range of numbers stamped on them.

You will also need #25 pilots with no lid. Completely remove the fuel screws and clean the passages. There should be a spring, washer, and o ring on each fuel screw. Make sure they are accounted for before you go spraying carb clean and compressed air. Also keep the screws in the carb they come out of. They are slightly different from carb to carb.

2003 Limited Edition Raptor
Kenz 720cc 11:1 stroker, +1 valves, Mega Cycle X-4 Cam, Sparks 6x Big Core, Keihin 35mm FCR's. 158 mains, 52 pilots, fuel screws 2 turns out.

97 Banshee
F.A.S.T. Dune Ported 4mill, CPI Inframes, Keihin PWK33's, Direct Drive Lockup. 158 mians, CEL needles second clip, #48 pilots, air scews 2.0 turns out.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 07:43 PM

I agree with 03Limited's post, the DJ kit is all i could find and its pretty straight forward to install if you are mecanical at all. The needles the kit comes with require the DJ main jets to be used as they are tapered different from stock. Thats what wakes these rappys up!
The vitto fuel air screws just repace the stock ones so you can thumb turn the f/a mix from idle to 1/4 throttle (ish). The mains and needles take it from 1/4 to WOT as I recall. Just make sure to get the new pilot if you open the air box up!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Alright thanks for the help and advice guys, I acquired a sheet metal air box as well since my stock box was missing one of the tabs to bolt it to the frame. I’ll order the dyno jet kit just figured I would ask for more info about it first.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cweaver View Post
Alright thanks for the help and advice guys, I acquired a sheet metal air box as well since my stock box was missing one of the tabs to bolt it to the frame. I’ll order the dyno jet kit just figured I would ask for more info about it first.
What kind of sheet metal air box? Does it use the factory rubber intake tubes?

2003 Limited Edition Raptor
Kenz 720cc 11:1 stroker, +1 valves, Mega Cycle X-4 Cam, Sparks 6x Big Core, Keihin 35mm FCR's. 158 mains, 52 pilots, fuel screws 2 turns out.

97 Banshee
F.A.S.T. Dune Ported 4mill, CPI Inframes, Keihin PWK33's, Direct Drive Lockup. 158 mians, CEL needles second clip, #48 pilots, air scews 2.0 turns out.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Yes it uses the factory intake tubes I’ve read horrible things on the metal tubes, I’m not 100% what imma do yet. I got the sheet metal box but ran accross a proflow adaptor for $15 I picked up as well just Incase this intake box doesn’t work out

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode