Wrecked bad today - Page 3 - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusive View Post
Sorry to hear your bad luck buddy... I know how you feel, I just had a knee replacement a while ago..
Yeah, did the same with my hip a few years back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D48019A6-A05C-4273-B44C-B127646B7D10_1552618085091.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	132533  
Illusive, Beard_lyfe and Alamo like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 05:59 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Location: Somerset, Kentucky; the home of beautiful horses and fast women!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Blackstone View Post
I am 58 and just got back into 4 wheeling myself... this winter i went to a 686 bore with a 11 to 1 compression wiseco piston and stage two cam.. also widened it 3” and lowered it 3”.... made a huge difference for stability so far but i have not tested it fully as I’m am still in break in period
I like the idea of widening and also possibly extending.

post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 12:55 AM Thread Starter

I go back to the DR on Wednesday. The swelling from surgery is almost completely gone. I have about 40 degree range of motion in my knee. I have ALMOST eliminated pain meds.

There is a realistic possibility that I can start to place some weight on the leg and actually walk with out crutches beginning this Wednesday.

Should I ask the Doc when to ride again or just use my own judgment?

Wish me well at the Dr this Wednesday.

Happy riding my friends!
morphrider and BlackSupra like this.
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rprice View Post
I go back to the DR on Wednesday. The swelling from surgery is almost completely gone. I have about 40 degree range of motion in my knee. I have ALMOST eliminated pain meds.

There is a realistic possibility that I can start to place some weight on the leg and actually walk with out crutches beginning this Wednesday.

Should I ask the Doc when to ride again or just use my own judgment?

Wish me well at the Dr this Wednesday.

Happy riding my friends!
Your ACL ended up being okay it was just the fracture? I'd wait until he clears you for regular physical activity and then maybe ask him if you feel inclined lol. All you need is for that fracture to calcify over, then it will actually be stronger than before. Good thing about bones.

06' 700 SE
-Pro Taper/ Odi/ ASV-
-Jogaca-
-GT Thunder-
-Alba-
-Lonestar-
-Streamline-
-Precision-
-IMS/Roll-
-MSD Blaster FI-
-Monster-
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 09:55 AM

When I had knee replacement surgery
I waited 3 months before I got back on my Roadstar warrior ...
Just our of caution..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

Your ACL ended up being okay it was just the fracture? I'd wait until he clears you for regular physical activity and then maybe ask him if you feel inclined lol. All you need is for that fracture to calcify over, then it will actually be stronger than before. Good thing about bones.[/QUOTE]
Yeah the ACL was fine. Just the fracture which was extremely large. I’ll probably wait at least another month to get back on unless I really have great rehab success
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 05:15 PM

You should have asked for robot legs. Expensive? Well ya, but cmon. ROBOT LEGS!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
morphrider likes this.

07' Raptor 700- 11:1, hotcam 3, Pro design intake with K&N, +3 throttle body, Monster big bore duals, MSD with cuervo timing, JOGACA shocks, trail tech VAPOR, GYTR heel guards & bumper & nerfs, .250 aluminum skids, TM case saver, folding anodized levers and shifter, powermadd hand guards

04' raptor 660-Hot rods crank, .5mm overbore, 11:1 wiseco piston, Stage 1 hotcam, Yoshimura slip-on exhaust, K&N filter with outerwears, open lid airbox, Dynojet stage 2 jet kit
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rprice View Post
Your ACL ended up being okay it was just the fracture? I'd wait until he clears you for regular physical activity and then maybe ask him if you feel inclined lol. All you need is for that fracture to calcify over, then it will actually be stronger than before. Good thing about bones.
Yeah the ACL was fine. Just the fracture which was extremely large. Iíll probably wait at least another month to get back on unless I really have great rehab success[/QUOTE]

Bitching bro. ACL stuff is horrible. You dodged a bullet.

The leg will be stronger than it was before......definitely talk to your doc about rehab and getting back in, especially if you have a high pain tolerance. People who have a hard time red flagging discomfort tend toward re-injury too often.

Follow your rehab to a T, you'll be glad you did. Getting into physical therapy won't hurt either....

Glad you and the bike are ok bro.
morphrider likes this.

Though I may shake my fist at them again tomorrow, tonight I will bow my head and offer these vulcanized tires as tribute. I will cut the night with the sound of wide open throttle...and no matter what....If I am destined for Valhalla....I will enter as a man who did not lift. - Speed Demons prayer to the Gods of Chaos.
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 01:22 AM Thread Starter

Well I got more disappointing news at the Dr yesterday. While the injury is healing as it should I still can’t place any significant weight on my leg until 6 more weeks. This is because I not only fractured the bone just below the knee I also did extensive damage to cartilage just below the knee. The doc said I would be risking more damage to that cartilage if I don’t wait another 6 weeks before beginning rehab and placing weight on it.

I moped around all day yesterday with a woe is me attitude. But at the end of the day ya just gotta suck it up and make the best of it.

Below is cat scan of injury before surgery. The top right side of that bone is supposed to look like the top left side
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	614C4735-E99C-4A8B-90B0-BB1423125EE7_1553840429563.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	132567  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode