68HP 49TQ

PM me if you need service manuals
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 01:57 PM
Master of the Electron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan92 View Post
She's alive and running 😉 it was the carbs in the end one jet was blocked.
Good job - the most common problem with 660s is jets that are plugged with dried residue from evaporating fuel because, with dual carbs for just one cylinder, the jet passages are so small!

'01 660 Raptor, Burgard +2+1 arms, YFZ Shocks, LSR anti-vibe, CTR pipe, jetted, K&N
'01 Polaris Scrambler 400, K&N
'02 Honda 400ex, Big Gun pipe, jetted, K&N, Lonestar +2 A-arms, Lonestar anti-vibe
'04 Suzuki LTZ400
'16 RZR XP4 1000 Turbo
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphrider View Post
Nice looking bike!
cheers.

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadManiac View Post
Quote:
She's alive and running 😉 it was the carbs in the end one jet was blocked.
Good job - the most common problem with 660s is jets that are plugged with dried residue from evaporating fuel because, with dual carbs for just one cylinder, the jet passages are so small!
Thanks. I'm so glad it's running now.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Right I'm missing a speedometer but it looks like I've got the wiring all there and it looks like the speedometer slides onto it. I've had a little look online and I believe I'm missing the vapour LCD screen. Has anyone got one for sale??
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 01:16 PM

Hi Wales,the vapour is about 80-100 new,get whole kit in case you have any dodgy wiring eg:speedo sensor as our weather gets inside at wheel end of sensor. Irecomend getting a NEW vapour as second hand ones won't last long if at all.are ya still thinking of selling? if so any idea how much ya want?
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 07:54 AM Thread Starter

Hi all right I've got another problem now. The bike was running fine, but then the bike would only rev half throttle if I revved it past half throttle it would bog out and die. So I thought it was the carbs playing up again so I've just bought new carbs and installed them on the bike and I've still got the same problem. I think I've had enough of the bike now LMAO. I think I might just stick it on eBay.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 11:26 AM

Garage
Quote:
Hi all right I've got another problem now. The bike was running fine, but then the bike would only rev half throttle if I revved it past half throttle it would bog out and die. So I thought it was the carbs playing up again so I've just bought new carbs and installed them on the bike and I've still got the same problem. I think I've had enough of the bike now LMAO. I think I might just stick it on eBay.
I would still fix it up before selling it the value is worth way more with it running fine with no issues. Tray changing your spark plug you could have fouled it due to too much or lack of fuel since your carb was clogged.

Project Garage on YouTube
Your source for ATV riding and repair videos!
Work hard and play harder.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJames View Post
Quote:
I would still fix it up before selling it the value is worth way more with it running fine with no issues. Tray changing your spark plug you could have fouled it due to too much or lack of fuel since your carb was clogged.
Ok cheers I will try that thank you.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 05:12 AM Thread Starter

Hi all right I've had enough of this quad now, would anybody be interested in buying it?? Yamaha raptor 660 se 2006 It does run but only half throttle I haven't changed the spark plug yet. I've just gone to put new exhaust studs in and snaped one so that's stuck in the engine block, I haven't put the new ones in. The indicators don't work, the headlights and rear lights work. Horn doesn't work. The quad will come with 4 AMS white wheels and tyres but the rear tyres will need to be changed. 4 standard alloys and tyres all in good condition and good tread.brand new carbs, brand new one way bearing. Open to offers.
Thanks
For more information contact me on 07393315112. Regards Nathan. If I don't answer could you message me please as I'm a lorry driver. Then I shall message you back ASAP. Thanks. I'm based in South Wales, bridgend.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode