Raptor Forum banner

Enquiring about my Yamaha Raptor 660.

2K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  Nathan92 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum.
I have a Yamaha Raptor 660 2006 plate special edition, the only thing is the bike does not run at all.
plus I'm not a mechanic so I have no idea's why its not working. so I was just wondering how much would it roughly be worth if I went to sell it like it is or would I get more money if I strip it down for parts. Thanks for your time.

Regards Nathan

#2 ·
It really just depends on whats wrong with it, and what kind of valuable aftermarket parts are on it. Unless its a crankshaft or transmission issue, your best bet would probly be to have it fixed and sell it running or just part it out if you can tell what parts are still good

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

#3 · (Edited)
Where are you located?

There is no 2006 660, last ones were 2005 model year. Check the 10th digit in your VIN.

2006 is first year of the 700.

Tell us more about your symptoms... is it completely dead, do lights come on, will the starter crank the engine over, etc., etc.

#12 ·
Good job - the most common problem with 660s is jets that are plugged with dried residue from evaporating fuel because, with dual carbs for just one cylinder, the jet passages are so small!

#16 ·
Hi Wales:wink,the vapour is about £80-£100 new,get whole kit in case you have any dodgy wiring eg:speedo sensor as our weather gets inside at wheel end of sensor. Irecomend getting a NEW vapour as second hand ones won't last long if at all.are ya still thinking of selling? if so any idea how much ya want?:smile

#17 ·
Hi all right I've got another problem now. The bike was running fine, but then the bike would only rev half throttle if I revved it past half throttle it would bog out and die. So I thought it was the carbs playing up again so I've just bought new carbs and installed them on the bike and I've still got the same problem. I think I've had enough of the bike now LMAO. I think I might just stick it on eBay.

#20 ·
Hi all right I've had enough of this quad now, would anybody be interested in buying it?? Yamaha raptor 660 se 2006 It does run but only half throttle I haven't changed the spark plug yet. I've just gone to put new exhaust studs in and snaped one so that's stuck in the engine block, I haven't put the new ones in. The indicators don't work, the headlights and rear lights work. Horn doesn't work. The quad will come with 4 AMS white wheels and tyres but the rear tyres will need to be changed. 4 standard alloys and tyres all in good condition and good tread.brand new carbs, brand new one way bearing. Open to offers.
Thanks
For more information contact me on 07393315112. Regards Nathan. If I don't answer could you message me please as I'm a lorry driver. Then I shall message you back ASAP. Thanks. I'm based in South Wales, bridgend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.