Raptor Forum banner

Carb issues

674 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  t web2007 
#1 ·
The overflows were dumping on my 03 660 raptor carburetor. Rather than fixing I bought a new carburetor. I installed it and my quad now idles great and takes off smooth. When it starts reaching high rpm in any gear it starts sputtering. Any advice is appreciated

#2 ·
Not what you want to hear but,I imagine you're talking about cheap chinese carbs...we're seeing a crazy amount of those now,never with anything good to say.

Order up some GENUINE yamaha needle and seats for both carbs and that will fix your problem with the stock ones.Or for a quick cheap try at fixing them,pull the bottom bowls off the carbs,pull the needle and seat out,now cut some qtips in half,put in a drill,use small dab of polish on the qtip and use qtip equipped drill inside the seat until looks new,now find a new oring to go around each seat ...clean the needle really well...

Now while lightly blowing through the line gas comes into carbs while upright...u should be able to blow through...while still blowing,slowly tilt the carbs upside down...do they seal up and not allow air through ..??...if so,perfect,..i'd check float height and then install and test.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.