Raptor Forum banner

Starting problems

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  QuadManiac 
#1 ·
Starting trouble...? Hi guys I recently bought a 2013 660 raptor and It has a toggle switch on it cuz the guy lost key.. Here recently I was riding and the bike stopped cranking so i had a guy change the spark plug and he said the one that was lodged in there was too long. Back to cranking the celinoid is clicking but thats it the neutral light comes on and everything any suggestions

#2 · (Edited)
Short across the solenoid's two large lugs with a screwdriver (ignore the sparks). Does the starter motor turn the engine over?

#6 ·
Re your last sentences, a bit ambiguous:
"She started wont turn the engine over when u cross jump it" Which is it? It can't start unless the starter turns the engine over...

If the solenoid only clicks from the start button, but with solenoid shorted the starter turns the engine over (whether it starts and runs on its own or not) this usually indicates that the solenoid is bad and needs replacing.

#8 ·
So how bout you start over... tell us what exactly it is and isn't doing, and for each, under what conditions.

Also any chronology would help - a timeline of what it could and couldn't do when you bought it, and how that may have changed over time.

Also describe what you've tried and the results.

Reactions: Scotscockney
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.