Idles fine, runs like crap! - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Idles fine, runs like crap!

I've got the 2004 raptor 660 and it is running horrible! Fires up no problem and idles just fine. It is when I rev it up a little that it starts to cut out and even backfire. When I put it in gear and try to go I' it doesn't do any of that but now it just wants to die.. anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 07:00 AM

Go into the 660 maintenance discussion thread. The second sticky is common problems with the raptor 660.

I bet you'll find a few possible solutions in there.

The first thing I'd check, because it is super easy, is the parking brake. Go to the rear disk, make sure the arm (or lever) that moves when the brake cable is pulled is all the way in the released position.

There is a switch in there that makes your bike run like crap if it 'thinks' the parking brake is engaged.

Let us know what you find. It helps others.

Dale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode