Clutch brands and aftermarket parts - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Clutch brands and aftermarket parts

Hello everyone, I'm pretty much new here,I'm trying to get familiar with the Raptor660r, I'm a handyman by trade and a mechanic,certified welder,painter,etc... I'd like to get familiar with aftermarket brands so I wont buy crap,I'm trying to buy a good clutch, front shocks,and a nice handle bar,good radiator,just to have something decent...I will post pictures of the progress....I'm just asking for a little bit of your help and input please!!! Thanks...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Scotscockney likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 12:18 PM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Garage
For a clutch either factory and HD springs or Driveline Performance from ebay. Look for "Raptor 660 big bore stroker clutch kit", and works with stock motors.

Shocks from a YFZ with a carburetor work great with minor clearencing. Or check with Jogaca, our shock guru for your weight and riding style.

Protaper handle bars in a rise for your height, especially standing. Maybe a extended steering stem. ODI grips and ASV levers but expensive.

Factory radiators fit best, some aftermarket don't.

13 tooth front sprocket.

Most importantly, keep the carbs clean. Run dry or use a fuel stabilizer.

2007 RAPTOR 700, SAND QUAD, 11:1 CP, +5 HR CRANK, PC3, +2 TB, LONE STAR XC +1, +1 A-ARMS, HD TIE RODS, JOGACA REAR SHOCK, ASV LEVERS, +4 REAR AXLE, DR.D REVERSE, ODI GRIPS, 1 1/8 CARBON BARS, DG BUMPER. BILLET: GAS CAP, BRAKE COVER, THROTTLE LEVER, BAR MOUNTS. LED LIGHTS'
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEZPERADO View Post
For a clutch either factory and HD springs or Driveline Performance from ebay. Look for "Raptor 660 big bore stroker clutch kit", and works with stock motors.

Shocks from a YFZ with a carburetor work great with minor clearencing. Or check with Jogaca, our shock guru for your weight and riding style.

Protaper handle bars in a rise for your height, especially standing. Maybe a extended steering stem. ODI grips and ASV levers but expensive.

Factory radiators fit best, some aftermarket don't.

13 tooth front sprocket.

Most importantly, keep the carbs clean. Run dry or use a fuel stabilizer.
Thanks DEZPERADO for your response and input, I really do appreciate it alot,I'm trying to build something decent, not a racing monster, I have friends that ride most of the time but since my Rappy is not in riding conditions,I have to work and work to make some $$$ and buy goodies...

Scotscockney likes this.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

If anyone else happens to read this all I'm asking is for your input on parts,your experience on buying parts for your quad will be the results of mine,I'm pretty much new HERE in this Forum and all I'm asking is for your help,input and experience... I know you guys can share a little bit of info..... thanks

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 08:26 PM

Don't buy China junk carb parts.
orvilleortiz538 likes this.

2003 Limited Edition Raptor
Kenz 720cc 11:1 stroker, +1 valves, Mega Cycle X-4 Cam, Sparks 6x Big Core, Keihin 35mm FCR's. 158 mains, 52 pilots, fuel screws 2 turns out.

97 Banshee
F.A.S.T. Dune Ported 4mill, CPI Inframes, Keihin PWK33's, Direct Drive Lockup. 158 mians, CEL needles second clip, #48 pilots, air scews 2.0 turns out.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Yeah that much I know not to buy Chinese cheap parts, I've been doing research and this will be the list....
1. Hinson clutch basket
2. Tusk clutch
3. 102.00 11:1 wiseco piston
4. FMF powercore 4 or Yoshimura exhaust not sure yet.... Suggestions would be nice, and also suggestions on a good CDI, Stator and Regulator as well.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 10:54 PM
Lifetime VIP

Send a message via AIM to t web2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by orvilleortiz538 View Post
Yeah that much I know not to buy Chinese cheap parts, I've been doing research and this will be the list....
1. Hinson clutch basket
2. Tusk clutch
4. FMF powercore 4 or Yoshimura exhaust not sure yet.... Suggestions would be nice, and also suggestions on a good CDI, Stator and Regulator as well.

Curtis sparks is the best performing single exhaust for the 660. Oem electrical parts.
orvilleortiz538 likes this.

2015 700Rse
Fci, PC5F/I, monster exhaust, +2 Cuervo head, HDD5150, 54mm throttle body, 105.5 14:1, +8 swingarm.
08 yfz450se
Sparks big core, k&n no lid, yz needle, yz timing mod, +4 swingarm.
“Peepshow”
Cuervo 870, lectron, msd, monster megs, single a-arm lightened chasis, +14 swingarm.
”Monarchy”
Cuervo 930, lectron, msd, db fab titanium chasis.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 07:44 AM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by orvilleortiz538 View Post
1. Hinson clutch basket
2. Tusk clutch

LOL, you asked for a good clutch kit and despite my recommendation, you pick the worst kit.

Good luck with your build.

2007 RAPTOR 700, SAND QUAD, 11:1 CP, +5 HR CRANK, PC3, +2 TB, LONE STAR XC +1, +1 A-ARMS, HD TIE RODS, JOGACA REAR SHOCK, ASV LEVERS, +4 REAR AXLE, DR.D REVERSE, ODI GRIPS, 1 1/8 CARBON BARS, DG BUMPER. BILLET: GAS CAP, BRAKE COVER, THROTTLE LEVER, BAR MOUNTS. LED LIGHTS'
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 11:41 AM

Garage
Lever wise I just recently picked up a ASV C6 cluch lever and purch and it is so amazing and comfortable

ASV Inventions CDC606PX-K C6 Black Universal Pro Perch Clutch Lever

Project Garage on YouTube
Your source for ATV riding and repair videos!
Work hard and play harder.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Dezperado,actually I took your advice,I forgot you had mentioned it, I did look for it and found it, I actually said tusk because a friend of mine said he has one and never has had issues, but I actually went with the clutch you suggested,and I know you guys are far more experienced in parts,brands in building this ATV's and that's why I asked,all I'm trying to do is put something together that's nice,and I really appreciate your advice and help very much....

DEZPERADO and KJames like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode