Raptor Forum banner

Clutch brands and aftermarket parts

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  orvilleortiz538 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm pretty much new here,I'm trying to get familiar with the Raptor660r, I'm a handyman by trade and a mechanic,certified welder,painter,etc... I'd like to get familiar with aftermarket brands so I wont buy crap,I'm trying to buy a good clutch, front shocks,and a nice handle bar,good radiator,just to have something decent...I will post pictures of the progress....I'm just asking for a little bit of your help and input please!!! Thanks...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#2 ·
For a clutch either factory and HD springs or Driveline Performance from ebay. Look for "Raptor 660 big bore stroker clutch kit", and works with stock motors.

Shocks from a YFZ with a carburetor work great with minor clearencing. Or check with Jogaca, our shock guru for your weight and riding style.

Protaper handle bars in a rise for your height, especially standing. Maybe a extended steering stem. ODI grips and ASV levers but expensive.

Factory radiators fit best, some aftermarket don't.

13 tooth front sprocket.

Most importantly, keep the carbs clean. Run dry or use a fuel stabilizer.

#3 ·
Thanks DEZPERADO for your response and input, I really do appreciate it alot,I'm trying to build something decent, not a racing monster, I have friends that ride most of the time but since my Rappy is not in riding conditions,I have to work and work to make some $$$ and buy goodies...

#4 ·
If anyone else happens to read this all I'm asking is for your input on parts,your experience on buying parts for your quad will be the results of mine,I'm pretty much new HERE in this Forum and all I'm asking is for your help,input and experience... I know you guys can share a little bit of info..... thanks

#5 ·
Don't buy China junk carb parts.

Reactions: orvilleortiz538
#6 ·
Yeah that much I know not to buy Chinese cheap parts, I've been doing research and this will be the list....
1. Hinson clutch basket
2. Tusk clutch
3. 102.00 11:1 wiseco piston
4. FMF powercore 4 or Yoshimura exhaust not sure yet.... Suggestions would be nice, and also suggestions on a good CDI, Stator and Regulator as well.

#10 ·
Dezperado,actually I took your advice,I forgot you had mentioned it, I did look for it and found it, I actually said tusk because a friend of mine said he has one and never has had issues, but I actually went with the clutch you suggested,and I know you guys are far more experienced in parts,brands in building this ATV's and that's why I asked,all I'm trying to do is put something together that's nice,and I really appreciate your advice and help very much....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.