02 660 major issues! - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

02 660 major issues!

I’ve done a lot to my wheeler, traded it for my yz250f. Leaked oil, fixed that. Blew the catch can. Bought a aftermarket fabricated one. Then cleaned carbs, because it backfired like crazy. Then bought a valve retainer lock because the rocker arm bolt came loose and knocked it out. Now, I have an overheating problem.overheating Light turns on, coolant drips, I rigged my own fan so I could turn it on by a switch. Still, did nothing. Flushed the coolant with distilled water.nothing. It would get to the point where I would take it down the road and I stopped it and coolant was bubbling and gushing out of the overflow. So, I planned it out and took off the head, gasket is multi layered steel, no imperfections. When I took the head off, it wasn’t torqued to specs. No cracks or anything. Tested the valves to see if they seal (coolant in the chambers) and they didn’t leak at all. Checked timing, but it seems as if it’s off a tooth, could not line it up. And yes I had it at tdc and turned it over the other way, same result. But, took the overflow off and what do I find? A damn mouse that’s decomposing. Could this cause and overheating problem? I have it all torn down but I don’t want to put it all together just to find out something else was wrong. Like I said, definitely not a head gasket, but coolant does reach boiling point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

Oh and it seems to be running rich, plug is black.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode