why does my 30 amp fuse keep blowing - Page 3 - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 10:29 AM

If you could unplug the lights where they are tied into the hotwire that might be all you need I will check back to see what you found.

Thanks for posting.

finditagain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 01:07 PM

oh yeh guys unpluging the reciptafier dont do any thing because when you turn the key off no elicktricity flows so its the same as unpluging it no diff.
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

i never have the light on through the day so it still shouldnt be blowing, the fuse that blows is the fuse in the relay switch, and by the sounds of things the guy whose quad it was is saying that it could be the relay, so he is sending me a new relay out, the relay on it might be faulty, so i will try a new relay and if i still have the same problem then it is definately something to do with a short coming from somewhere. ive got a friend who works at a bike shop coming 2moz so hopefully he can put a bit more light on this situation. i will let you know whatever the situation is so knowone else suffers to this problem.

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 04:01 PM
Master of the Electron

The fuse (that you are describing) is the only fuse in the entire system. It's purpose is to remove the battery from the rest of the harness (except the high current lug of the starter solenoid) in case of a short. When the fuse blows (if the engine is running at the time) and if the short is intermittent enough, the engine will continue to run using the charge circuit as it's power supply instead of the battery.

SO if when the fuse blows the engine stops. the short is still there and you may be able to find it more easily. IF the engine continues to run, and you just can't start the bike again later (the battery has been disconnected from all the electronics except for the starter solenoid), then the short is intermittent and it's going to be harder to find.

I seriously doubt it's the solenoid (starter relay), but if he's sending you a free one, at least that will eliminate the solenoid as the issue.

'01 660 Raptor, Burgard +2+1 arms, YFZ Shocks, LSR anti-vibe, CTR pipe, jetted, K&N
'01 Polaris Scrambler 400, K&N
'02 Honda 400ex, Big Gun pipe, jetted, K&N, Lonestar +2 A-arms, Lonestar anti-vibe
'04 Suzuki LTZ400
'16 RZR XP4 1000 Turbo
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 02:50 AM

did you find out anything yet? what was the cause?
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

well i took it into the shop today and the kid says he thinks its the wires because the wires are a mess he said, i have to take it back on tuesday so he can have a proper look at it said it needs a full day because of how many wires there are and he needs to check them all, as soon as i know i will let you know.
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 12:19 AM

so did you find out anything?
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 09:09 PM

Smile

I had a fuse problem last year, do to my battery shorting out on the metal hold down that secures the battery.

I also had problems with the wirring on my rear tail light,you could try disconnecting your rear tail light,just unplug it down by the rear brake lever and see what happens.

I disconnected mine and continued riding all summer long with no tail lite...didnt have time to chase down the problem. but hey al least i kept on riding
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

hi, well i found that problem, it was a wire at the handle bars that had popped through the tape and was touching a part of my frame and shorting it, so i dealt with that, but now as you will see i have a new problem with the revving now i have posted it in the forum, so any help with this would be very useful as it is really annoying me.. thanks lads you was very helpful with this problem with the fuse, just hope that there is someone out there that had had this other problem that can help me out..
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 05:30 PM

Unhappy

Sorry guy's not meaning to jack the thread but i have a question that deals with the problem you are having i just had all kinds of engine work, rear axel barring carrier, and a new starter relay put on and every time i go to ride it ride it to the bottom of the drive way and get my mail well i let it start to ideal and it dies well i start it back up to go home and it will not let me give it gas until i put a new fuse in but the fuse is never blew on it me or my dad understand why do you guys have any advice?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode