GYRT clutch fried.... - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

GYRT clutch fried....

Well after maybe 10 hours of riding on the mod's and brand new gytr heavy duty clutch kit, hinson billet basket etc etc the clutch is slipping terribly. I've maxxed the adjustment on the bar's, but this clutch cant be gone this quick? I'm no newb to clutch's so its not my riding but is there a adjustment that wil fix this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 01:44 PM

Re: GYRT clutch fried....

Pretty sure I've toasted mine as well, but it's lasted a while.

Have you tried adjusting the cable at the clutch end just above the cover? I found I had a loose locknut and it allowed it to work its way down until the clutch wouldn't disengage.

Check for a bound or stuck cable as well.

Mike

Photobucket is trash now, use something else.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog56
Pretty sure I've toasted mine as well, but it's lasted a while.

Have you tried adjusting the cable at the clutch end just above the cover? I found I had a loose locknut and it allowed it to work its way down until the clutch wouldn't disengage.

Check for a bound or stuck cable as well.
I've even removed the small snap ring and brought back the lever a notch to see if I coudl get some more use out of it...

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 10:32 PM

something not right. I've had a gyt-r clutch in a 70+HP raptor for over 2 years now, 1 of those as a full drag race season and its still good and not slipping. Did you pay attention to the order of the friction plates when installing it? Where did you put the 2 thicker friction plates?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 02:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalShedRacing
something not right. I've had a gyt-r clutch in a 70+HP raptor for over 2 years now, 1 of those as a full drag race season and its still good and not slipping. Did you pay attention to the order of the friction plates when installing it? Where did you put the 2 thicker friction plates?
Yamaha of houston put the clutch in for me... I wasnt daring enough to try and do it myself. I'm thinking about taking it back to them tomorrow and telling them whats up, along with my laptop to show them exactly what you just said. There were quite a few ppl at general sams this weekend drag racing (450' sand strip). After walking the 3rd or 4th 3 mod 700 a guy on a brute 750 chipped, exhaust, intake wanted to race and out of the hole side by side (him in 4low) and in 3rd gear when it hit just felt sooooooo soft. Looked back thinking must be a huge roost and sure enough nothing..... he saw what I was looking at and let off and gimped it back.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode