2001 raptor worth it? - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 142 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

2001 raptor worth it?

hi im a fresh member here. i just bought a 01 660. $400 with a REAL title.

crank snapped in half and split left hand or "middle" case. everything els looks good from outside. its only a small hairline crack.

but is it worth it to "flip" one of these? i have to do something with it. i REALLY dont think parting it out is an option, takes way to long dont suggest that.

reason i'm asking. full rebuild could cost up to 1grand. 1400. then selling it any less than 2500 would suck

has anyone flipped one. or sold one that was just rebuilt with recipts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 142 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

also can i buy both case halfs for an 02-05? wich ever case year got an oil filter that doesnt look like complete $hit ahahaha, i hate this car style oil filter its ugly

basically i want a standard atv. inside the case oil filter
post #3 of 142 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 09:39 AM
Lifetime VIP

Hate to tell you this bubba, but you are gonna have a tough time selling an '01 for $2500 bucks. Also, doesn't matter what year cases you get for a 660, the oil filter is always on the outside.

'01 Raptor 660: 101mm 11:1 Wiseco, HCII, P&P, Curtis Sparks Exhaust, ProFlo w/ K&N, ACE Fabrication +2+1, JTM, G-Force Extended Axle, Holeshot HD, Holeshot XCR, Haulers, ProTaper SE Raptor Bend, ProTaper Pillow Top Grips, ASV Clutch Lever

'07 Raptor 700: 11.5:1 Tech, X4, Bo White +1 port, +3 TB, Curtis Sparks Exhaust (shortied), FCI w/o box, PC3, FullFlight +2+1, G-Force Extended Axle, Holeshot HD, Holeshot XCR, Haulers, Fasst Flexx, OURY Grips, ASV Shorties, Jogaca Suspension work

post #4 of 142 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 05:01 PM

part it out

Joagaca suspension,gytr frame skid,yfz calipers,powermadd hand guards,prodesign shifter,fasst flexx bars,rox risers,t.m. design chain guide,+2 lonestar swinger,billet dash,x-rex rears, klaw xc fronts,ebay bumper,prodesign case saver,primary drive sprockets and chain, all balls wheel bearings,+2+1 lonestar a-arms,+2 g force axle,vitos jet kit,ac pro peg nerf,amradillo swinger skid,sparks exhaust,prodesign intake,foam filter,outterwear,no lid

post #5 of 142 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 06:53 PM

Post some Pics!

2001 Yamaha Raptor 660R
FMF exhaust
ITP Holeshot HDs'
YFZ 450 Front Shocks
Full Flight +2 A Arms
Armadillo Chassis & swingarm skid plates
Pro Armor Nerf Bars
post #6 of 142 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

motors taken out. left case is cracked for sure, i saw it its small, have no idea of what inside looks like. could have both cracked. im taking the engine appart no matte what... i do not want to part it out. id rather ride it a bit enjoy it and sell for at least same price i put into it. im prob just gona spray the frame and arms. no powder cuz not worth it. and anyone know what the hell the little electronical sensor is on the back of the case. near swing arm? i cant get the fucker off

post #7 of 142 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

well i got some more pics for you guys. help me out!

first off....i pull of clutch cover and i see this hahah lovely but gears look fine! how is this even possible for the gears to be good!

then i find some allens sitting in bottom?!!!! ive never seen alen heads inside a motor? does the 660 have them? did somone purposly try to blow this motor up hahaha

shrapnel

everything looks good with these

now heres something i need to know! is this is a sleeve + overbore it looks like a sleeve. because those cooling slots are SMALL and it looks removable. also the cylinder has a scribed 3c1 on the outside i think thats whats written at least. please help me out here. i keep all of my bikes stock!!! bone stock!!! so stuff like this doesnt happen
\

AND THIS MADE MY NIGHT!!!!!! WOOOO CRANKS ALL TOGETHER!!! SCOOOREE HAhahah. but what cracked cases? could the counterbalance have hit? cuz it is right above the counterbalance

any help would be great guys, and the crank will need a rebuild anyone have some good experience with a certain company for crank rebuilds?
let me know who i should send it out too

thanks

Last edited by staticxmako; 03-24-2012 at 11:57 PM.
post #8 of 142 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012, 12:24 AM
Lifetime VIP

Those allen bolts are from your one way starter clutch assembly. They sheared off and dropped to the bottom. Take your left case cover off and you will see what I'm talking about. That needs to be replaced too otherwise you will be pull-starting once you get everything else back together. Thread locker those new allen bolts.

'01 Raptor 660: 101mm 11:1 Wiseco, HCII, P&P, Curtis Sparks Exhaust, ProFlo w/ K&N, ACE Fabrication +2+1, JTM, G-Force Extended Axle, Holeshot HD, Holeshot XCR, Haulers, ProTaper SE Raptor Bend, ProTaper Pillow Top Grips, ASV Clutch Lever

'07 Raptor 700: 11.5:1 Tech, X4, Bo White +1 port, +3 TB, Curtis Sparks Exhaust (shortied), FCI w/o box, PC3, FullFlight +2+1, G-Force Extended Axle, Holeshot HD, Holeshot XCR, Haulers, Fasst Flexx, OURY Grips, ASV Shorties, Jogaca Suspension work
post #9 of 142 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012, 12:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdg097 View Post
Those allen bolts are from your one way starter clutch assembly. They sheared off and dropped to the bottom. Take your left case cover off and you will see what I'm talking about. That needs to be replaced too otherwise you will be pull-starting once you get everything else back together. Thread locker those new allen bolts.

ok thanks that makes sense. but i dont know where the clutch is on that? i never have worked on a starter clutch got any pics? all i see is straight gears from the starter motor, no clutch system
post #10 of 142 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012, 12:44 AM
Lifetime VIP

Left side of the motor, behind the flywheel. There is a 52 tooth gear back there that will be the most obvious way of being able to tell what you are looking at.

https://www.raptorforum.com/forums/at...2&d=1282279178

Parts 6 and 9 specifically are the 52 tooth and the one way. Part 10 is the allen head bolts that sheared off and which you found in the bottom of your motor. Get the replacement from L&A Designs. Very good, and better than OEM.

Last edited by cdg097; 03-25-2012 at 12:48 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode