Wheelie problem? - Page 3 - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 12:26 AM
Master of the Electron

Are you having problems getting the front end up, or finding the balance point? If you can't get the front up, you have serious problems - the typical 660 will pull the front wheels up 1st through 3rd with NO problems... with simple mods, 4th and 5th become easy too... If you can't do this you have power issues that need to be addressed.

BTW, there is a screw on the front of the thumb throttle that is set to limit how much throttle can be depressed - in order to make it safer to learn on - perhaps your's is limiting? Loosen the lock nut and loosen the screw until the throttle isn't stopped by the screw any more.

'01 660 Raptor, Burgard +2+1 arms, YFZ Shocks, LSR anti-vibe, CTR pipe, jetted, K&N
'01 Polaris Scrambler 400, K&N
'02 Honda 400ex, Big Gun pipe, jetted, K&N, Lonestar +2 A-arms, Lonestar anti-vibe
'04 Suzuki LTZ400
'16 RZR XP4 1000 Turbo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 07:33 AM
From The Stix 2 Da Brix

Location: Live in Cincinnati Ohio but often found in north central Florida a lot during winter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast frenchie canada View Post
I wheelie for about 20 feet or more on 2nd gear and always sitting down. I dont like the feel of having the left knee on the seat and foot hooked it the rear bar.
You should never need to put a foot on grab bar on a rappy unless you just like to. I do it on the Polaris cause it wont come up unless I push down on rear and lift on the bars hard.

07-700(686) based 778cc Cuervo Racing, +2 extreme port Cuervo head port and a Cuervo/HDD5050 cam, 14:1CP piston,105.5 bore, +5 stroke, WK54mm TB, Denso injector, dynatek programable ignition, old pc5, DMC Force 4 pipes. Tuned by Eric at EHS Racing, 87 HP 64 FT.LBS TQ. To me it's the ultimate trail quad if you love the edge of control and dodging trees at 75-80mph!!!
post #23 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 09:04 AM

Link no workie. Reup

post #24 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 09:29 AM

You guys have some balls. I try to wheelie mine while sitting in 1st and 2nd gear and get the nose up, but as soon as the nose comes up, it drops right back down after 2 seconds. If I try to pin the gas to keep it up, the nose stays at about a 30* angle and just accelerates like a rocket. I can get it up, I just can’t seem to “keep” it up (haha).

Any tips?

2001 400EX - first quad, bought as POS, fixed, learned to ride on it, traded for ’01 Raptor.
2001 Raptor 660R - full Yoshi pipe, no lid, filter, jetted, Maxxis Razrs, +2 rear axle. Kinda a POS. Sold to fund BMW.
2001 BMW 540i 6 speed ///M Sport. QTP cutout, 3.15 diff, M60 IM. Luxury V8 burnout machine/DD
2003 Raptor 660R – T4 Pipe, no airbox, 12T Sprocket, drift machine, good looking ride!
post #25 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 10:33 AM
From The Stix 2 Da Brix

Location: Live in Cincinnati Ohio but often found in north central Florida a lot during winter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedboxer04 View Post
Link no workie. Reup
http://www.atvriders.com/articles/atvwheelie.html

Just tried it working on my end. Anyone else having problems with it?

07-700(686) based 778cc Cuervo Racing, +2 extreme port Cuervo head port and a Cuervo/HDD5050 cam, 14:1CP piston,105.5 bore, +5 stroke, WK54mm TB, Denso injector, dynatek programable ignition, old pc5, DMC Force 4 pipes. Tuned by Eric at EHS Racing, 87 HP 64 FT.LBS TQ. To me it's the ultimate trail quad if you love the edge of control and dodging trees at 75-80mph!!!
post #26 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 10:38 AM
From The Stix 2 Da Brix

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsogiba View Post
You guys have some balls. I try to wheelie mine while sitting in 1st and 2nd gear and get the nose up, but as soon as the nose comes up, it drops right back down after 2 seconds. If I try to pin the gas to keep it up, the nose stays at about a 30* angle and just accelerates like a rocket. I can get it up, I just can’t seem to “keep” it up (haha).

Any tips?
Once at balance point hold the gas steady don't let off or give to much. Just keep the throttle steady. Read the link I uploaded. I can wheelie in 5th just by a slight tug on bars and then pin it and go at super speed 90 mph wheelies but mines well built and I'm bout to go for more hp 83 not enough lol.

post #27 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Lōc View Post
http://www.atvriders.com/articles/atvwheelie.html

Just tried it working on my end. Anyone else having problems with it?
Works!

I try really hard to give the right info when you need it but id rather make people laugh. Their aint enough laughter in this world.

2009 Raptor 700R SE - Mods: Runkind light covers and speed limiter blue wire cut

Can now provide most manuals for most makes and models and years. Send me an email at [email protected] BE SPECIFIC: YEAR/MAKE/MODEL add Hiya Frenchie in your email so i know your from this forum. My manuals galore thread https://www.raptorforum.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=95852
post #28 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 12:38 PM
Lifetime VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsogiba View Post

Any tips?
if your in 1st or second you should start as slow as you can go in the gear and smash the gas to pop it up fast. the problem with doing wheelies in such a low gear is that you run out of rpm before you get the balance point.

here is a shot of of me on a polaris 850xp... my first time riding it

SOFA KINFAST RACING!

1987 quadzilla 520....
post #29 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 12:57 PM
From The Stix 2 Da Brix

I can wheelie in first at 2mph for ever it's just almost straight up slow wheelies are harder. Faster you go the lower your balance point is.

post #30 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Warren View Post
if your in 1st or second you should start as slow as you can go in the gear and smash the gas to pop it up fast. the problem with doing wheelies in such a low gear is that you run out of rpm before you get the balance point.

here is a shot of of me on a polaris 850xp... my first time riding it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPwHrCB69tE
Pffff i bet ya cant do that on a bicycle LOL!!!

I try really hard to give the right info when you need it but id rather make people laugh. Their aint enough laughter in this world.

2009 Raptor 700R SE - Mods: Runkind light covers and speed limiter blue wire cut

Can now provide most manuals for most makes and models and years. Send me an email at [email protected] BE SPECIFIC: YEAR/MAKE/MODEL add Hiya Frenchie in your email so i know your from this forum. My manuals galore thread https://www.raptorforum.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=95852

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode