Carbs 101....Jetting...cleaning....everything you need to know about carbs - Page 2 - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 309 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 05:46 PM

Re: Carbs 101....Jetting...cleaning....everything you need to know about carbs

In the 25 pic make sure the grey o ring sits in the groove in the carb when you put it back together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 309 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 04:21 PM

thanx for the information cyprusrappy,its very helpfull and very accurated!!! haha
I already did it twice before and it wasnt hard like I expected.I thought it was harder because some people are complaining about the duel carbs? what a bunch of sissy! hahaha jk
post #13 of 309 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 09:08 PM
alpha169x

Is there a trick to adjusting the fuel mixture screws on the bike , or do I have take it all back apart to get at them, I need a Go-Go-Gadget screwdriver!

post #14 of 309 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha169x
Is there a trick to adjusting the fuel mixture screws on the bike , or do I have take it all back apart to get at them, I need a Go-Go-Gadget screwdriver!
They do make a quick adjustment tool it can be purchased at rockymountainatv.com

Bad thing is you need really small hands to use it.

Best thing is to adjust the mixture before re-installing. If you notice any hesitation then re-adjust. It's a pain in the arse, but follow the rule of three turns on the mixture screws......It's going to be close unless you live in high altitude areas.

-Brian

post #15 of 309 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgbikin
Hi, I'm new to this forum and have really enjoyed all the tech talk.I recently purchased an 04' 660 and love it. I was wondering why I'm not seeing the pictures for this Carb's 101 post, possibly taken off the server to save space?
Thank You!
Pictures are there....check your pc settings!

~Brian

post #16 of 309 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 11:58 PM

"Best thing is to adjust the mixture before re-installing. If you notice any hesitation then re-adjust. It's a pain in the arse, but follow the rule of three turns on the mixture screws......It's going to be close unless you live in high altitude areas.

-Brian"

Got a question i live in colorado which of course is high altitude should i adjust mine out further than 3 or less than 3 turns?
thanks! seems the higher in elevation i go the worse it runs was just trying to fix that before this sunday i have a 9 hr trip of moutain passes
i bought a jet kit so will be installing new jets just was wondering on the air/fuel mixture screw.
post #17 of 309 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 02:51 PM

If you bought a kit, just follow the kit's instructions for high altitude applications.

~Brian

post #18 of 309 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 01:03 PM

Higher altitude = thinner air, thinner air will richen your mixture.

So you should be on the lean side of recommendations made for sea level bikes.

As Brian said, your kit should have recommendations for high altitude operation. If it doesn't check the company's website or call their customer service line.

Mike

Photobucket is trash now, use something else.
post #19 of 309 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 01:07 AM

looked at a clean 04 used other day it starts real nice and easaly and mine wont. I need to clean the carbs and check jets and thangs anyways so I thought this would be one cause of my problem. I have questions. I have read the carb thread and study it good. few questions.

Im not sure what jet i have 100% i got a power kit from advantage performance with my dmc allen exhust it came with k&n and recharge kit and i beleave a dynajet stage 1 jet kit.

How do I rejet and set the screws? what type of messureing device will i need if the job requires one?

Also how should i re set or adjust my air/fuel screw if needed? I exsperiance delayed starting time and here some pluff pluff sounds sometimes when i turn it off which sure could be related to valves are even the one way clutch?. How do i know if it set to high or low? and how many turns should i take at a time to check if it`s right or to get it right lol. I have`nt adjusted my valves yet and need to but dont have feller gauge yet.

My most importin questions are about the jets and the air/fuel screws
post #20 of 309 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 02:28 PM

All the above worked to perfection...!!! VERY HELPFUL.... BUT when I tried to adjust the fuel mixture screw it would NOT turn! ended up stripping the head off the screw and could NOT get it to break free... Ended up trying "easy outs" and still could never get it out... pretty sure I ruined the whole carb. Just for future reference is there some easy way to break that screw loose? I am SO MAD!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode