Carb mods and Clear tube method explained - Page 3 - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 250 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 01:33 AM Thread Starter

Re: Carb mods and Clear tube method explained

The lid, even with massive holes do not flow as good as an open airbox without the lid. The Airbox cover will flow better, and you get protection from water and mud, where a lid full of holes will allow water to get into the airbox.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 250 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 04:54 PM

The way I'm reading it you say the fuel in the clear tube should sit 3mm above or higher than the mating surface of the bowl while the FSM clearly shows it to be 3-4mm below the float chamber mating surface.

I currenly have it above/higher and it still runs like crap but that may not mean much.
post #23 of 250 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

The Yamaha manual is not correct. Trust me I tried their settings and it is basically impossible to get to their recommendations. You have to cut the float and modify it to get to their recommendations.

Also the manual recommends doing the float high without the clear tube method. If you use those recommendations, you come close to the 3mm above mark I am referring to.

I believe the manual has typing error and it should have read 3mm ABOVE.

post #24 of 250 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 12:52 PM

The oem and clymer manuals do have some significant errors, some blatently so.

Mike

Photobucket is trash now, use something else.
post #25 of 250 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 07:19 PM

can someone clear this up.. wouldnt this mod just cause the quad to run richer?? and my manual says to set the float hight 13mm from the bowl deck. isnt 14-18mm pretty drastic?
post #26 of 250 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 01:33 AM Thread Starter

Guys, the manual is wrong. This mod will not make the bike run richer, in fact it might actually lean it out a little. I have personally done this mod to something like 30 different raptors, and all of them gain HP on my dyno. A stock raptor gains around 2HP, just by having the float level set up right. Hundreds of guys on the web have tried these mods, and if done right, they all come back and tell me they felt the gains.

Just do exactly like I explain and you will be fine.

I spent hours and hours trying to figure out on how to set the carbs up as per the manual. the manual itself contradicts the setting. Stop messing with that stupid 13mm recommendation. The clear tube method is the final answer, so donít even bother with the other method the manual explains. Just set it to as per my instructions and the bike will perform. Guaranteed.
post #27 of 250 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 03:00 AM

Send a message via MSN to h0tr0d18

I have just one question on this, maybe more by the time I am done typing!! I have done this mod, I did it at the same time as re jetting for my CT exhaust and proflow K&N. Dumb move I think, LOL. I am a little high on the right carb, maybe 2mm high. Question is " after running in the top end of quad I seem to bog and start back firing badly (running out of fuel is my guess ), could this 2mm high on the right carb be causing my carbs to run dry? Once I stop for a split second it starts right up or straightens itself out and is good to go again. It does not do this if I stay down from the top end. I checked for fuel flow from the petcock and flow is good, I also tried blowing through the fuel inlet hose as the directions say but it's hard to know whats normal. Any help would be great, Thanks

01 frame powder coated W/04 engine, Jenssen LT +2+1 A-arms, Tucker +2 swinger, Elka LT's all the way around, Durablue 2+2, RAZR 2's. HV P&P and megacycle X4 cam from CSR, 720 stroker. FCR's and Barkers.
post #28 of 250 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 05:00 AM Thread Starter

The float mod, if done right should take care of the carbs running dry. Make sure you cut the little stopper at the rear of the float at a 45 degree angle. That mod will open the floats a little further and allow more fuel to get in when you need it.

Look at the picture below to see what I mean.

post #29 of 250 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 12:39 PM

Send a message via MSN to h0tr0d18

Alright, thanks. I will have to check thing out and see, that's the one step I wasn't to sure about. The whole mod was pretty easy other than the hitch of the carbs running dry.

01 frame powder coated W/04 engine, Jenssen LT +2+1 A-arms, Tucker +2 swinger, Elka LT's all the way around, Durablue 2+2, RAZR 2's. HV P&P and megacycle X4 cam from CSR, 720 stroker. FCR's and Barkers.
post #30 of 250 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 08:06 PM

I can't seem to get my left side carb set properly my right side carb is set 3mm above the split but my left side carb won't go below 6mm above the split, i've done the float mod, adjusted the float tang about 20 times varying in between 13 to 16mm as per instruction, heck i even switched the floats installing the properly set right side float into the left carb, with no results. my fuel level just won't go down? what am i missing? please help. the snows almost melted here. thanks.

03 Raptor 720 10.5:1 CP,4mmRod,stg3hotcam,LTE duals,dynatek,prodesign, hyper CFs, Ishock LT, BDP+2 swinger
03 Rx1 turbo, MC express stg 2 turbo 300hp, Ekholm skid, boss seat, BDP tunnel dump exh
07 Rhino 660sport 11:1 wiseco,stg2 hotcam,Baller Hauler clutch kit, Muzzy Duals.
05 R6 LE 50th. Akropovic full system, Hinson clutch, BMC air intake,racetail, flushmounts
05 Duramax CCSB 15``xtreme lift 42`Iroks,550hp 1020ft;lbs, Banks,5``MBRP turboback

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode