The New guy- Military Build - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 12:58 AM Thread Starter

The New guy- Military Build

Hi, My name is Scott and I am an Ex-Paratrooper. I have been reading this forum for quite some time now trying to learn everything I needed to know to purchase the best raptor for what little money I had. I ended up purchasing a very nice 03 660 that is bone stock. I live up in placerville, ca (between tahoe and sacramento) and I am looking for people to ride with on trails and sand.

THE IDEA: I want to do a build up with some military themed add-ons I like the AMR racing graphics with the t-bomber set. I was wondering if anyone had seen some other items that would match those graphics and go well with the theme of the rappy?

Last edited by Camostorm; 11-30-2010 at 02:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 09:28 AM

first thnx for serving for us.
i like the idea of a military styling but i cant help you with any pics.
make sure you do your research on here to help you decice what parts you want.
mike

02 raptor 660/804 hybrid
804cc. 5150 cam 14.5:1 BIG carb
custom +8 swinger +2 a arms. yfz shocks
custom big bore barkers.
just what everyone needs a 800+cc 10k+ rpm 100+ HP trail bike
im the amsoil guy
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 10:27 AM

here is a link to a forsale thread from a while back. but it has the amr bomber graphics on silver plastic which i think looked excellent. another thing you could do is have your frame and other misc. parts powdercoated in a military color. there are a few guys on here that do some awesome custom paint work. they could paint your plastics and do a military theme on them which would look sick! other than than the general appearance. you will have to hand built little things on the bike ( or have them hand built ) to resemble say shell casings, or what ever you can think of.

https://www.raptorforum.com/forums/sh...t=58113&page=1

Last edited by 02rappy660r; 10-02-2009 at 12:19 PM.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 10:58 AM

Go ahead and replace the one way bearing now so its cheaper by not destroying other things.

The army jungle camo would be a killer for the plastic.

04 719,
Barkers+4. (Still straigh as an arrow)
Wiseco clutch basket.
Lock-up clutch
L&A oneway.
Oil mod for piston n rod.( Really works)
houser a arms
Durable axle (Stolen)
Razrs n Quadrocks all around.
EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE
Buy my parts they are cheap and like new.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 08:14 PM

First thanks for everything, my grandfather was a paratrooper..

I like the ideas you have. I actually went with a camo type theme with my new duner build. I went with a flat black powdercoat on the frame and a arms, with the 05 limited edition camo fenders, race cut, with flat black rims. Turned out good. The T-bomber graphics would look cool on a flat black frame or maybe flat green, depending on the graphics..

Cuervo Racing
Beasley's ATV Service
DEAFMAN CHASSIS
Poorboy Preformance
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 08:26 PM

I think the prm control series front bumper would look kick ass on a military themed 660 or possibly the prm summit front bumper and if your intereste i got a guy that can air brush sheet a sheet metal look very very well with out a super huge cost pm me if your interested
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 03:27 AM Thread Starter

Cool Keep it coming. Thanks to all of you who verbally give your support to us military guys. We try to act cool about it, but it really makes my day to hear it.

So I am going to divide this into two catagories

We have a camo hard core vietnam style with camo patterns and all in olive drab and black. with some barb wire or gun casings as accents.

The other option would be more of a WWII style with aircraft style graphics and pin-up girl on the side.

The aircraft WWII style would be easier with the some added aluminum plating in a few areas and well applied graphics.

The other Idea is more ARMY style and more tough guy, but would take a bit more imagination to look good and not cheesy.

Powder coating the frame is going to be high in the running either way just because I am not a fan of the stock blue anyhow.

Any ideas on the seat?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 04:45 AM

My seat is black swirl suede.. Matches great and looks supa bad! Lol Lady up the road did it for $25 bucks!

Cuervo Racing
Beasley's ATV Service
DEAFMAN CHASSIS
Poorboy Preformance
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 10:03 AM

personally i like the WWII with the pinup girl idea
mike

02 raptor 660/804 hybrid
804cc. 5150 cam 14.5:1 BIG carb
custom +8 swinger +2 a arms. yfz shocks
custom big bore barkers.
just what everyone needs a 800+cc 10k+ rpm 100+ HP trail bike
im the amsoil guy
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 11:33 AM

I'm a C-130 loadmaster I get to drop paratroops all the time at Lawson and Bragg. I had to have the AMR bomber theme graphics whenever I saw them, It does look sharp no problems after a year with them on. They were a little pricey though. When I get back from the Iraq, I'm going to powder coat her gunmetal grey to match the decal. along with a "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT" streamer I have and some other little parts.

2003 Raptor 686, Yoshi Pipe, Stage 2 Hotcam and Springs, Mild Port & Polish, Full Skid Plates, AMR Sexy Bomber Girl Graphics, Diamond J +4 Widening Kit, Rear Wheel Spacers, ITP HD's On All Fours, ITP Sandstars for duning, 12 Tooth Front Sprocket, K&N Filter w/Outerwears Prefilter, DG Nerf Bars, Vito's Jet Kit 160L 165R, 450 Shocks w/ Rear Flipped Link.

Last edited by Shetlen; 10-03-2009 at 03:18 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode