FLIPPED LINK My mods & pics of how to do this without things binding! - Page 2 - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 300 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 03:20 PM

Re: FLIPPED LINK My mods & pics of how to do this without things binding!

did this to my 03 660, but didn't grind anything. i bottomed out the shock, & nothing was anywhere near hitting. i had a 260# dude jumping on the back while i watched the linkage. so i think it is ok.?

03' 660 FMF FULL EXHAUST, K&N PROFLO INTAKE, team industries wide axle, ASR +3,+1 ARMS, ELKA SHOCKS, MR16 TRAILTECHS, ITP MX6, PARKING BRAKE REMOVED, HIDDEN OFF/ ON SWITCH, TRAIL TECH VAPOR ON CUSTOM MOUNT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 300 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 03:36 PM

Ya, I didn't grind anything on mine either, but maybe I should have.

02' 660, Renthals, Armidillo skids, K&N, Chopped Front Fenders, AC front bumper, DG rear,
post #13 of 300 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 12:05 AM

Send a message via AIM to 05rappy

ok i just did it, even though it was midnight, you can see a big difference, ill post up some pics tomorrow, o and does it fell like its bottoms out easier or faster, cause i can push mine down all the way, its looks like its got more but wont go any further.

before

after

you can tell better in real life, it makes it alot lower

Mods::::: L&A one way, Rickey stator, YFZ Shocks, GYTR cluth, Renthal bars, HMF Pipe, FMF powerbomb header, ITP Holeshot HD Tires, Dyno Jet, pro design air filter, 2.5 rear wheel spacers

post #14 of 300 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 01:25 PM

I can bottom my shock all the way out & nothing hits, can't try it yet, i am still waiting for my hub to come in (i stripped out the right one)

03' 660 FMF FULL EXHAUST, K&N PROFLO INTAKE, team industries wide axle, ASR +3,+1 ARMS, ELKA SHOCKS, MR16 TRAILTECHS, ITP MX6, PARKING BRAKE REMOVED, HIDDEN OFF/ ON SWITCH, TRAIL TECH VAPOR ON CUSTOM MOUNT
post #15 of 300 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 02:57 PM

WOW, I just went out in the garage and did this. I dont think i would have had to grind it, but i did anyways. Lowered mine about 1.5 inches. What a differance. With the wheel spacers (2.5 rear 1.5 front) and this mod it looks and (we will find out when the snow melts) handles better. Great write up. Thanks again Eric L
post #16 of 300 (permalink) Old 12-25-2007, 06:18 AM

prorac1, when you push down on the back on your bar, can you push it down until it stops, if so do you get alot of travel.

Mods::::: L&A one way, Rickey stator, YFZ Shocks, GYTR cluth, Renthal bars, HMF Pipe, FMF powerbomb header, ITP Holeshot HD Tires, Dyno Jet, pro design air filter, 2.5 rear wheel spacers
post #17 of 300 (permalink) Old 12-25-2007, 09:55 AM

To the guys that did this are you all riding in rough areas?
Some of the trails here get pretty hairy and im afraid itll hurt more than help
post #18 of 300 (permalink) Old 12-25-2007, 10:36 AM

I ride in some VERY ROUGH areas. To make sure I put about 400 lbs of stuff on the quad and leaned on the grab bar. It didnt even come CLOSE to touching. PLEANTY of clearance. Droped it just over an inch or so. Hope this helps. Eric L
post #19 of 300 (permalink) Old 12-25-2007, 07:19 PM

wow i must of did something wrong cause my stops and wont go anymore.

post #20 of 300 (permalink) Old 12-25-2007, 09:21 PM

I did notice that my 01 had a differant set up than the 03 I did this to. The link looked beefier on the 01, beefy enough where i could see that happening. Remember I did grind about 3/8 of an inch off of mine just in case. Ill check again tonite, but it looks fine to me, pleanty of room. Make sure you assembeled the two links properly. Look at the pics in this thread again. Hope this helpl, Prorac1.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode