Getting Suspension Mods and Axle.. Pricing, Set Up Suggestions? - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Getting Suspension Mods and Axle.. Pricing, Set Up Suggestions?

Hey all! I'm new to the forum. Used it here and there for ideas, but now I'm investing more time And Money into my '05 660 and I'm looking for some solid advice from the experts in here.
I do trail riding mostly with some jumps here and there (working on progressing that) and right now I'm looking to widen a bit and upgrade the shocks.
Just called ATV Galaxy about some Lonestar +2 long travel A-arms, Elka Stage 3 (maybe 4 for rebound) shocks, and an Axcalibar adj. Axle.
Havent pulled the trigger yet, but pricing was right around $2k (with included brake lines).
You guys think this is the best deal I can get for this set up?
Are there some other Manf.'s or Dealers I should look at?
Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 05:24 PM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Garage
Check with TQS, another vender on the forum.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

'19 Can-Am X3, RS Turbo, 172 HP, 1300x15 STU #2 paddle, Tribute front, DynaTec controller, cat delete, GTP blow off valve, custom flame wrap, Bent Metal windshield, Blazer wiper, rear window, 48in LED light bar, 14in LED light bar, GTP LED side lights, S3 shock tower brace, aluminum rear pull plate, 5K Badlands winch, dual batteries, 5ft lighted whips, Rugged radio and intercom, interior lights, rock lights, chase lights, over $200 additional switches, YES, street legal with dirt tires.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 08:14 PM

Garage
for suspension i would go to a guy on the forum named Jagaca, he is brilliant with suspension set ups! i haven't bought any thing from him YET, I don't have much money haha, not that he is expensive, his builds are very fair!

Welcome to the forum!

Andon Jones AKA Jones m4n117

06 Raptor 700r 50th ed
-GYTR exhaust and intake, Pro Design Uni (THANK YOU Santa DEZ! ),YFZ fronts and 700r rear all done the the "King Of The Spring" Jogaca!! ,PC3 ,TUSK nerf bars,GBC XC-Masters rear and fronts,AC racing bumper,6000k Bi-Xenons,trail tech bars,ODI grips,TUSK hand guards, and the best graduation present ever!

If you feel like watching some Raptor vids take a look!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJZ...3HMTWOG6OgX6Fw

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks guys, I appreciate the help!
So I may have jumped the gun a bit, but I was waiting on a call back from management at ATV Galaxy earlier. Anyway, I got a pretty good deal I thought so I got it.
+2 Lonestar long travel arms, Elka stage 3 shocks all around (with rebound option and covers added for fronts), lines with clamps, and Axcalibar adj. axle. All totalled $2189. A few days ago I thought ok, just getting +2 sport A-arms and call it a day.. Hahaha! Nope. It's a habit of mine with anything I get with a motor in it.
It's ok, just sold my fairly stock '03 660 for almost the same amount to the dollar at $2200, so it went right back into my '05.
Although my carb rebuild and re-jetting kit, coolant lines, Renthal -1 front sprocket, race bars, grips and billet throttle blade, cost a bit more. Gonna be a nasty ass quad after though Lol
Andon Jones likes this.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I'll post some pics up soon!
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 12:14 AM

You can save a fair amount of money going with Jogaca. I have fronts and rear shock on order all tailored to me for half the price of elkas. Should be getting them within a week or 2. These are what i am getting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1644.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	104753  
Andon Jones likes this.

06 700
Monster duals
FCI
MSD
+2 p/p head
11:1 comp
734 BB kit
5050 cam
+6 swinger.

More to come; you are witnessing a rebirth.
Quote:
Don't quote me boy. I a'int said shit.
-Eazy E
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 01:11 AM

Jogaca, jogaca, jogaca, ok now, welcome to the forum, but contact him, I was apprehensive until we spoke for 5 minutes, he will tell you what he thinks is best even if it's not from him, and he'll build your shocks for your size and riding terrain/style. You won't get more for your buck.
Andon Jones likes this.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Ryan Lee, those look Legit!
Yeah, like I said I probably jumped the gun a little and already made the purchase, but I know I got some good parts coming, abeit for more than I may have needed to spend. Live and learn right? Lol
Elka is building them to my size and riding style, but I'll have to see if Jogaca has any input on what he could add.

Anyone got pics of their suspension/drivetrain set ups?
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 10:09 AM

Garage
here are a few more pics that Jogaca sent me of some of his other builds. I sure he can work his magic on the suspension you are getting, ya know making it just right for you. Me I am probably going to go with either Yfz 450 shocks by Jogaca or works thripple rate with remoter rezzies.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shocks.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	104777   Click image for larger version

Name:	shocks2.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	104785  

Andon Jones AKA Jones m4n117

06 Raptor 700r 50th ed
-GYTR exhaust and intake, Pro Design Uni (THANK YOU Santa DEZ! ),YFZ fronts and 700r rear all done the the "King Of The Spring" Jogaca!! ,PC3 ,TUSK nerf bars,GBC XC-Masters rear and fronts,AC racing bumper,6000k Bi-Xenons,trail tech bars,ODI grips,TUSK hand guards, and the best graduation present ever!

If you feel like watching some Raptor vids take a look!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJZ...3HMTWOG6OgX6Fw
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Love the colors on all these. I know it's just aesthetics, but the right colors set the whole thing off looking at it. Not really a fan of the Elka's red towers and black springs with my blue fairings. Would rather have something that would stand out like these with a bright yellow (to match my hoses), or even Kawi green (big fan of Kawi And Yamaha here. Also ride ZX10R's and an R1.)
So I sent out a PM to jogaca and am awaiting reply now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode