Eyeball engineering swingarm - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Reefermadnes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2018, 03:46 AM Thread Starter

Eyeball engineering swingarm

Just picked up a 2005 660r. Don't know anything about these and bought it on a whim. Didn't even drive it first. Pics looked clean and came with sand and dirt tires. Drove 2 hrs to pick it up and it was clean, started right up, gave it a couple revs and shut it off. Loaded it up and drove back home. Now is when I really checked it out and this thing is so clean,it has never seen dirt or mud, not really a scratch anywhere. Even the skid plates are like new. There's no boot rub marks at all and all I could find was a few grains of sand around the engine/frame. It does have a full Yoshimura exhaust and a really nice(seems to be) polished/chromed eyeball engineering swingarm. The skat trak tires still have nipples and the douglas rims still have stickers on them, the dirt tires have never been used. I'm trying to find out about the swingarm, I can't find much info, and how to tell if it's extended or not? What's the stock length? I did put the dirt tires on and took it for a hot lap around the neighborhood and the thing rips!
Alamo likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 08:45 PM

Post pics. Stock swinger lenght center to center was 17.5" I think. I'm running a +4 now. Still too short with 60hp

2005 KFX700 good bit of mods
2001 Raptor 660R too many mods
1985 ATC250R
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 02:28 PM

Bro.....spill it.....what'd you give for her?

Though I may shake my fist at them again tomorrow, tonight I will bow my head and offer these vulcanized tires as tribute. I will cut the night with the sound of wide open throttle...and no matter what....If I am destined for Valhalla....I will enter as a man who did not lift. - Speed Demons prayer to the Gods of Chaos.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

Probably a little too much idk. Paid 3k, all the ones I looked at were older and close to the same price with no paddles and no aftermarket goodies. Looks like the arm is 22" center to center . It won't let me post pics for some reason. Says upload of file failed.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 06:52 PM

Stock center to center is 17.50.

Each mfg measures at dif spots but the ones we build we measure front center of swinger bolt to center of eccentric carrier.

+1 is 18.50" center to center
+1.5 is 19.00" center to center
+2 is 19.50" center to center
+3 is 20.50" center to center
+4 is 21.50" center to center

Yours might have the travel adjustment for chain maxes out which measured 22" on mine also

I'm building a plus 5-6 now in our jig.

Hope that helps but is saftly day it's a plus 4"...very common on these due to they were about 2" too short from new.

1985 ATC250R
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
Stock center to center is 17.50.

Each mfg measures at dif spots but the ones we build we measure front center of swinger bolt to center of eccentric carrier.

+1 is 18.50" center to center
+1.5 is 19.00" center to center
+2 is 19.50" center to center
+3 is 20.50" center to center
+4 is 21.50" center to center

Yours might have the travel adjustment for chain maxes out which measured 22" on mine also

I'm building a plus 5-6 now in our jig.

Hope that helps but is saftly day it's a plus 4"...very common on these due to they were about 2" too short from new.
Appreciate it guys, so does anyone know anything about the eyeball engineering? Looks to be pretty stout piece and is chromed.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 07:51 PM

Old company. If its square tubing is break it lol. Broke a lonestar in half. Broke quad frames etc. I'm hard on stuff.

It's better then stock. Most things are if you really ride atvs.

1985 ATC250R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode