Raptor 660 Wont Start/Fire Any Help Would Be Great! - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Raptor 660 Wont Start/Fire Any Help Would Be Great!

Hello well first off this is either an 01 or 02 raptor 660 i forget witch year,anyways last spring i took it out to get it ready to take up to my cabin,i put some new gas in and fired it up it ran for about 2 minutes then started on fire!I had the hose right there from earlier and hosed it down untill it went out after everything was said and done the air intake box got burnt,carb boots/tubes, and the harness. I replaced the harness off ebay and i still need the cords that connect to the middle of the harness(i took pics)i dont know what these cors are called!those wires are burnt but i got them connected to the new harness a couple of wires i spliced and reconnected they go down by the chain kinda.. i replaced the airbox,tubes,and carbs also.now i try to start and the lilttle fuse block buzzs but dosent blow fuses motor dosent turn over at all.i figure i got water into the motor and seized it up when i had the hose on it putting out the fire.drained the oil today and there wasent like any water in it actually probally none..i took some pics of these wires i need to replace still im not sure what any of them do or are called.also took pic of the fuse block thing that buzzs when i try to start.the pics of the wire that i spliced and reconnected are out of focus.i tryed to push start it once today but i was ALONE! was gonna try more tommorw with my buddy. Any help would be great!!!Thanks Guys

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 03:29 PM

Re: Raptor 660 Wont Start/Fire Any Help Would Be Great!

The buzzzz means that your battery needs to be charged, there isn't enough juice to turn it over...Charge it or go buy a new battery....
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

I hooked it up to a jump pack still buzzes

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 06:17 PM

try hooking the booster pack to the starter side of the relay, or jump the relay with a screwdriver
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Hooked jump pack up to other side of relay and it dosent do anything the neutral light dosent even come on,and i tried jumping it with a screw driver and just buzzs like before..thanks for the suggestion though!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 06:51 PM

Hooking the jumppack to the starter side should have turned the motor over, it won't have anything to do with the lights, it's bypassing the relay.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

yea im not sure it,sounds like the sounds comming from starter when i hook it up to it directly,probally cant turn it over because its seized up
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsRaptor
probally cant turn it over because its seized up
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion, try without the plug in it.

And your quad is an 01

Has it turned over since you put the hose to it? It may have water in the cylinder keeping it from turning, if it turns with out the plug in and water comes out then put some oil down the plug hole to prevent rust. If you do oil the cylinder don't try turning it over with the plug in, you risk bending things.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

plug has been out
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 07:45 PM

Put a socket on the flywheel nut and turn it?
Counterclockwise only.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode