Raptor Forum banner

Random Sputtering

3K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  4stroker4life 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

Last winter I readjusted my values, then in the spring this year I jetted (#25 160/165) and added powerbomb headers to complete my full exhaust. I had a slip on already. When I first set it all up, it started instantly, it ran for about 3 or 4 rides like a champion for about an hour each ride, amazing throttle response and everything. The other day I was riding and it randomly started sputtering, I couldn't put my finger on exactly when it would do it, it seemed random. So I took it all apart again and readjusted my air fuel to 2.5 turns (I had it at 2.75) and it is still randomly sputtering. Also it idles just fine. Anyone have any ideas? I don't think its my air fuel but I could be wrong, I just don't understand why it would run so great for so long then randomly have an issue.

Side note, I cleaned my fuel filter, which wasn't even dirty. I also sometimes have what people call "after fire" which may mean something to all of you. When I turn my quad off, about 75% of the time theres a faint woosh sound from my exhaust, I've read that it could be fumes being ignited in the bend at the headers after the engines off.

#10 ·
Do you have aftermarket needles? my jetting is in my sig, mine runs perfect at the moment lol

#15 ·
Needles control how your fuel is delivered. They are responsible for any throttle under about 3/4. When you increase the airflow, you need more fuel. You cannot quite get the proper ammount in the mid throttle range on stock needles, no matter how much you change jets and fuel screw settings.

You will see better responsiveness and smoother revving.

#16 ·
ABSOLUTELY wrong! It's very hard to tune an open airbox without the more aggressive taper of aftermarket needles.

#17 · (Edited)
I recorded a video today of my throttle response ill try to upload it tomorrow... my bike runs perfect..

I also did the clear tube mod and modded the floats

#19 ·
This thread is over 5 years old. Start a new thread and tell us what your problem is. Dont forget to mention any mods you may have

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.