Oil Change *For the last time* - Page 15 - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #141 of 144 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 11:45 PM

Ok first oil change completed with no issues - except the huge friggin mess on the floor! What's the trick to draining the oil tank without having the EPA show up at the edge of my driveway with ticket book in hand?

I wanted the crankcase and oil reservoir open at the same time to get everything out.

I folded a paper plate into a taco and sort of routed the flow down into my catch pan. But what a mess. Who was the engineer in charge of this design anyway...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 144 (permalink) Old 07-30-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berg View Post
Ok first oil change completed with no issues - except the huge friggin mess on the floor! What's the trick to draining the oil tank without having the EPA show up at the edge of my driveway with ticket book in hand?

I wanted the crankcase and oil reservoir open at the same time to get everything out.

I folded a paper plate into a taco and sort of routed the flow down into my catch pan. But what a mess. Who was the engineer in charge of this design anyway...
i have a GYTR skid plate on my quad and when i drained the oil reservoir i forgot the drain holes dont exist on this plate like the oem plastic one. i was too late to grab the funnel to re-route the flow and i had oil dripping all over the place... haha. once i was finished i had to hose everything down to get it to stop dripping.

2004 Raptor 660
- stock suspension, stock bore, hot-rods crank assembly, stage 2 hot-cams, FMF Powercore 4 exhaust, FMF Powerbomb header, Digi-Diodes LED Lights, trailtech computer, IMS tank
post #143 of 144 (permalink) Old 07-31-2015, 01:47 AM

Next time I will be more wary of how to catch the mess. I can change the oil in our Wolverine 450 without spilling a drop. The filter is another story...

I had to buy a special extended funnel just to fill the damn 660 though. Luckily my skid plate came off very easily and a few beers later into the oil change I even remembered to put it back on!

post #144 of 144 (permalink) Old 07-31-2015, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berg View Post
Next time I will be more wary of how to catch the mess. I can change the oil in our Wolverine 450 without spilling a drop. The filter is another story...

I had to buy a special extended funnel just to fill the damn 660 though. Luckily my skid plate came off very easily and a few beers later into the oil change I even remembered to put it back on!
after the big mess i found that a funnel worked great to direct the flow. sucks it was "after the mess" lol. luckily i have a ton of different sized funnels ive collected from doing tuneups and general maintenance on my buddies cars. i found a that trans funnel works great to fill the reservoir easily.

2004 Raptor 660
- stock suspension, stock bore, hot-rods crank assembly, stage 2 hot-cams, FMF Powercore 4 exhaust, FMF Powerbomb header, Digi-Diodes LED Lights, trailtech computer, IMS tank

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode