1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 144 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 10:16 PM

Re: Oil Change *For the last time*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy67420
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCityGuy
(1) Trust the manual, If you haven't purchased one you can download it from this forum.
I"m new to the site and i could not find the manual on the site. I was hoping someone could point me in the right way.\

thanks
Read the stickies

Mike

Photobucket is trash now, use something else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 144 (permalink) Old 05-29-2007, 10:30 PM

i got on today and found what i was looking for in about 5 minutes... I don't know how i overlooked it last night. *sigh* i'm just glad my boys are attached to me or i'd lose them too.
post #13 of 144 (permalink) Old 05-29-2007, 10:41 PM

Glad you found what you were looking for.

Let us know if there's anything we can help with.

Mike

Photobucket is trash now, use something else.

post #14 of 144 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 01:46 AM

K & N are doing replacement oil filters r these any good i normally use stock and stock only on most of my parts ? by the way i am no too bothered about price . .
post #15 of 144 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 10:57 AM

when putting oil back in the bike you just put it in the black tank, not the crankcase? It won't blow up the motor will it?

thanks

1999 Yamaha Wolverine 350 4X4
FMF Powercore Exhaust
25" ITP Mud Lites
K&N Air Filter
post #16 of 144 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 08:29 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Rap660

No it will not blow up the motor.

-06 Raptor 700-Dynoed 65whp-CNC ported and polished heads (KDS Racing) with +2 valves|Hot Cams Stg 3 cam|11.1 JE piston|PC3|Dynatek Ign|GYTR Intake and filter|MonsterPipes|KDS Evac Valve|CCP Stabilizer|15T Sprocket|G-Force axle|Renthal Bars|CFM Oil Tank|ASV Levers|Tusk grab bar|Rock Nerf bars|Tusk Case saver|Wicked +2 A Arms|+2 Streamline brake lines|
-11 Raptor 90-#37 Pilot Jet|Twin Air Filter|UNI Air Vents
post #17 of 144 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 03:22 AM

That was a great write up! I swore that the manual did say though that the raptor 660 takes about 1.9 quarts and not the 2.5 that was writte. i could be wrong though, other than that, that write up is very much appreciated! youguys are awesome!
post #18 of 144 (permalink) Old 12-16-2007, 08:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to sLackuR

Thanks for the write up.. I printed it so I can take it with me when I actually do it. Could someone post the tools needed to complete the oil change? Like what is needed to take off the skid plate .. ect. My bike is stored in Glamis so I need to take the tools with me on my next trip.

Thanks again,
Jarred
post #19 of 144 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blast26
That was a great write up! I swore that the manual did say though that the raptor 660 takes about 1.9 quarts and not the 2.5 that was writte. i could be wrong though, other than that, that write up is very much appreciated! youguys are awesome!
The manual uses Liters primarily for volume measurement so the first amount listed is 1.9 L but in the parentheses it has 2.06 Qt, although my raptor generally takes more than that. Also, you should warm your bike up a bit (thus warming up the oil) because it expands and thats how it should be measured.

&#39;03 Raptor 660 SE<br /><br />Jardine Full Exhaust<br />YFZ450 Front Shocks<br />Pro Designs Billet Adapter/Filter<br />G-Force Axle<br />Roll Designs Race Pegs/Brake and Shift Levers<br />Outerwears Lid Replacement<br />Motosport Black Nerfs<br />Trail Tech Handlebar Lights/Dash<br />AC Front Bumper/Rear Grab<br />Renthal Bars<br />Alba Swingarm Skid<br />Modquad Aluminum Grill<br />Carbon Fiber Nose<br />Flipped Rear Link<br />Clear Tube/Matched Intake Manifo
post #20 of 144 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 06:17 PM

Good write up!
I warm mine up, but I don't check it at it's hottest, liek after a big run, just reasonably warm.

I found the filter cross-reference on this site, and was happy that my personal detective work matched what I see here.

There are some in-depth discussions about oil filters all over the www.

Here's what I learned doing my research.
Fram's are down near the bottom of the barrel in quality and filtering ability.
Steer clear of them.

Purolator Pure 1's and the NAPA Gold series get very high ratings.
They contain more filtering media AND have superior flow, they do a better all-round job.

WIX makes NAPA. Put a "5" in front of a NAPA number and it is the WIX number.
NAPA 1356 = WIX 51356 ... pretty easy.

For my 2003 Raptor , I use the longer filters, 3.25" rather than 2.5"
I don't find the extra length gets in the way. Longer is supposed to give you a little more filtering capacity and will help with a small tidbit of extra oil cooling ability, since it has a larger surface area.

I personally use Purolator Pure 1, PL14610 or PL14620
The NAPA Gold 1356 would be my next choice.

If you have the Blue Raptor, the Pure 1 filters are a metallic blue, and almost match.
I have the blue frame paint, and the Pure 1's are really close to that color.
I take the labels off for that custom look. People ask: "Where did you get that Filter!"

The NAPA filters are black, (pretty sure).

The Specs on these replacement Raptor filters are:
Threads= 20 x 1.5mm
14psi by-pass valve
anti-drain back valve
2.3" O.D. gasket

03 660R&nbsp; LE Blue&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 03 Banshee Blue&nbsp; <br />Muzzy Pipe&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; Tommey T5&#039;s<br />K&amp;N Billet Proflow&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; K&amp;N Billet ProFlow<br />ITP Chrome C-Series&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; Douglas Black Labels<br />Maxxis Razrs&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Maxxis Razrs<br />GYTR graphics&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Flame Graphics<br />jetted 27.5&nbsp; 155/160&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; jetted/Carbn fibr reeds<br />Alba bumper&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; reed spacers<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; DG bumper

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in