Proper Break in procedures - Page 2 - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
I am unique

When breaking in the engine, alow it to idle untill it gets warm and then drive it........
It has nothing to do with oil getting to the top.........
THUMPER 01 likes this.

686 three plugger with HV porting, 39 FCRS, Curtis Sparks exhaust, Dyna FS CDI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 12:28 PM

Send a message via MSN to NateDiggity
What about breakin with new jetting? Say, you just rebuilt your bike, have a general idea of the jetting, so you throw that in, start the bike for the first time, let it idle, then go take it out and you have a bog somewhere..... keep running it with the bog to break it in, then fix/adjust? Or cut the motor and adjust jetting...? Get it running well then break in.... ?

Thank You Soldiers!

RIP COOP!
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 09:42 PM

run it at no less than 3000rpm for the first 15 minutes, then ride it for 5hours change the oil, then ride it for 10hours change the oil adjust valves if needed then ride it like you stole it.

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 07:04 PM

Really, Ive never thought about it like that.. It makes 100% sense to me.
After a rebuilt i allways let it warm up and cool off compleatly, do that one more time than run the s*** out of it..

ONLY THOUGHT JESUS COULD WALK ON WATER?
04 Limited 686, All black, FMF power bomb w/ R4 pipe, 11:1, Jetted with DJ, stage 2 cam, mild port, Hot rods bottom, no lid with Pro-Flo, pro nerfs, front grab rear grab, +2 a-arms, spacers, Douglas 505's,Ambush tires , powder coated everything.
AKA: Black plague

04 Honda 250Ex

3 year old son,
05 polaris predator 50, Hendricks pipe, milled head, jetted, filter, a-arms, spacers,
5000RPM stall, clutch kit, hole shots, durablue rear axle.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 11:42 PM

so what do yall think? run the hell out of it or easy break in? Also my questioin what if im building a bike from the ground up and i havent jetted my carb yet? I have to properly jet it or it will run like crap. Wouldnt that mess up the method that he described?

11:1 Wiseco Piston,102mm Bore, Barker 3 Plughead w/ HV port, Ferrea +1 Valves, Barker Duals, X4 Cam, 39mm FCR's, Twin-air Power-flo, Dynatek Programmable Ignition, L&A Oneway, Driveline Clutch w/Kenz Lockout, YFZ Calipers, YFZ shocks, ASV F3 Pro Levers, Flex Bars, 12/41 Renthal Sprockets, Gytr Heel guards, Gytr Frame Guards, Full Gytr skid plates, Tusk Nerfs, Power shifter, Oversized Aluminum Oil Tank, Oversized Radiator, CV4 Blue hoses,
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 09:55 AM

Yeah I'm confused on this myself I am in the middle of my build. New clutch,big bore,kibblewhite valve springs, and a stage 2 cam. With a full DMC exhaust. I have done my research I have a good idea on the jetting. But my question is this the break in for the cam is different from the break in for the rest of the engine so how would u properly break that in Thanks guys
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
I am unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by foot View Post
Yeah I'm confused on this myself I am in the middle of my build. New clutch,big bore,kibblewhite valve springs, and a stage 2 cam. With a full DMC exhaust. I have done my research I have a good idea on the jetting. But my question is this the break in for the cam is different from the break in for the rest of the engine so how would u properly break that in Thanks guys
The same way as the link says to breakin the engine........

post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 08:07 PM

So the break for the cam really don't matter then Its all about the pistonbreak in
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
I am unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by foot View Post
So the break for the cam really don't matter then Its all about the pistonbreak in
Get the engine to operating temperature and then drive it the way you should, I wouldnt hold it full throttle for the first couple of top speed runs for more then a few seconds though............

post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 08:41 PM

Thanks I will let you know how it works the piston and jug should be back from the shop this week end or first thing next week hopefully it is warm enough I will be out breaking it in thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode