How To: Change Clutch Plates - Page 2 - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 134 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 09:26 PM

Re: How To: Change Clutch Plates

My quad makes a rattling noise when you give it gas in idle and at low speed, it shifts hard and sticks, a real bear to get in and out of reverse. I'm assuming it's the clutch... Is it usually just the clutch plates? Is there any other hardware you all reccomend? The budget is gone do to Foreman and Jeep problems - I saved so much buying used . So anywho make my day and tell me plates are all I need. I've got the Clymer and your write up is great. Any difference between the 40.00 plates and 80.00?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 134 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 08:40 PM

Any pics yet ? I ordered my GYTR clutches and GYTR clutch basket today. It should be in by middle of next week. This would be my first time doing the clutches on my own and if possible I would like all the minor details explained to avoid having to deal with the down time.

For those that have done it before, I'm sure its not that hard, but im sure there are things that are overlooked or taken for granted that some of us are not going to know what to do. thanks guys

http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n279/armandovelez/th_DSC03157-1.jpg
post #13 of 134 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 12:30 PM

would it hur them if you didn't soak them first? and why soak them ? I have mine apart now I just never done it before so I didn't know about the whole soaking thing.

post #14 of 134 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 02:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to 05rappy

whats the best clutch and springs for the price, something better than stock

Mods::::: L&A one way, Rickey stator, YFZ Shocks, GYTR cluth, Renthal bars, HMF Pipe, FMF powerbomb header, ITP Holeshot HD Tires, Dyno Jet, pro design air filter, 2.5 rear wheel spacers
post #15 of 134 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 05:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to Ekraptor2003660 Send a message via Yahoo to Ekraptor2003660

yea i second that ? what is ?

<br />ASV C5 Series Pro Model Clutch<br />Shock Pros Covers <br />DrivenSports Rotar<br />Rear Brake Block off Plate<br />Scott Comp II Grips<br />One Way Starter assy. &amp; Gear<br />Rear Bearing Carrier<br />K&amp;N w/Modified Lid<br />DynaJet Stage 2 <br />TMDesignworks - Magnetic Drainplug<br />-----------------------------------
post #16 of 134 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 09:22 AM

GYTR is the best set.

Mike

Photobucket is trash now, use something else.
post #17 of 134 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 12:49 AM

well, over x mas break i will be rebuilding my raptor, and along with that i will be installing a new clutch.
Ill do my best to come thru on the pics
post #18 of 134 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman
would it hur them if you didn't soak them first? and why soak them ? I have mine apart now I just never done it before so I didn't know about the whole soaking thing.
The raptor uses a "wet" clutch. If you don't soak them first they will drain your oil tank by about half a litre (quart) among other things.
post #19 of 134 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 09:17 PM

what happens if u forget to put the cushion plate back in? rebuilt my brothers clutch and we forgot to put the cushion plate back in, he threw it away and now have ordered one on bikebandit.com 12.00... whats the purpose of this plate? we both rode bike and it shifts fine and engages in all gears. so whats the purpose. please reply, as we are tearing it back apart to install, over the weekend..

2005 raptor 660(White-Red),12T,fmftech4 full exhaust,Pro-design intake w/K&N filter w/outerwears,no air lid!!Pro-design Billet shifter,GYTR Frame & Heel Guards,full skids,Jaws Bumper,Gytr shock covers,custom badgeing,red-bloodshot eyes,Overzided oil tank,in-line cooler,Boss Racing radiator---Always family first!
post #20 of 134 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 09:52 PM

In the frame?

My buddy hasn't been able to remove his clutch cover with the motor in the frame? Is there a trick to it? Or did he give up to quick?

2001 Raptor
MonsterQuad Exhaust
11.1 Wisco STD, P&P Head w/ Stage 1 HC
YFZ 450 Front Shocks w/ Alba +2 A-Arms
TCS Rear Spring for my fat a s s
ProTaper ATV High, AC Rear Grab

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode