rear brake and master cylinder - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

rear brake and master cylinder

just installed a new rear caliper, ss brake line, and rebuilt the master cylinder..ive tried bleeding in 6 times now. replaced the banjo bolts, the copper rings, took apart the master cylinder. and still can not get the rear brakes to work.. anyone ever have this trouble or know of a solution?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 08:57 PM

6 separate sessions or just six times? Took me a while to do my new front lines with duals coming from the master. I eventually got it and is pretty good right now. U also use a large syringe with a tube for the nipple and force suck the air out. You can also force fluid in with this method.. I haven't tried that way yet but may soon. Or gravity feed.. Crack the nipple and wait for fluid to come out unless it already is.

2001 660R --- Oregon Dunes

LRD Pro 4 Series exhaust
Open box w/ K&N
Vito jet kit
Yfz 450 front shocks
Alba racing +4 axle
4.5" front widening kit
American Star +2 12mm tierod
Trail Techs
Amsoil fluids all around
41HP at the wheel
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

had the same trouble with the fronts but they work now..6 seperate times with prolly 12 to 15 bleeding processes..just doesnt want to pump..the pedal is all air..i get fluid coming out from the bleeder but the little filler bottle never seems to drain i fill it enough to wear it spills out when i put the lid on but nothin is happenin..ill have to try the syringe deal..now with the do you fill the bottle close it ...or leave it empty close ??

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 09:27 PM

Have you tried filling it backwards?

Get a pliable bottle attach, glue or melt a tube to it and force feed the nipple from the cylinder until it fills the open master cylinder.

Also this way you could hang a 2 liter bottle full of brake fluid higher than the cylinder and let gravity do its dirty work for you. When your ready just poke a hole in the hanging bottle and it should fill it up and watch it so it dont spill.

Just a tought...It might work.

I try really hard to give the right info when you need it but id rather make people laugh. Their aint enough laughter in this world.

2009 Raptor 700R SE - Mods: Runkind light covers and speed limiter blue wire cut

Can now provide most manuals for most makes and models and years. Send me an email at [email protected] BE SPECIFIC: YEAR/MAKE/MODEL add Hiya Frenchie in your email so i know your from this forum. My manuals galore thread https://www.raptorforum.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=95852
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 11:09 PM

Leave the lid off so you can see it fill. Try to force suck it out also.. Its the easiest. They make brake kits for this but a utility syringe is the cheapest. Make sure the rubber cap from under the lid is out too lol just another thought

2001 660R --- Oregon Dunes

LRD Pro 4 Series exhaust
Open box w/ K&N
Vito jet kit
Yfz 450 front shocks
Alba racing +4 axle
4.5" front widening kit
American Star +2 12mm tierod
Trail Techs
Amsoil fluids all around
41HP at the wheel
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 12:40 AM
Master of the Electron

Unbolt and raise the caliper above the master cylinder - dang air bubbles like going uphill but are a pain to make go downhill in that small brake line.

'01 660 Raptor, Burgard +2+1 arms, YFZ Shocks, LSR anti-vibe, CTR pipe, jetted, K&N
'01 Polaris Scrambler 400, K&N
'02 Honda 400ex, Big Gun pipe, jetted, K&N, Lonestar +2 A-arms, Lonestar anti-vibe
'04 Suzuki LTZ400
'16 RZR XP4 1000 Turbo
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 06:17 AM
I am unique

Hold the caliper higher then the master, that method works for me............

686 three plugger with HV porting, 39 FCRS, Curtis Sparks exhaust, Dyna FS CDI
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2012, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

tried everything you guys said wasted a big bootle of brake fluid still cant get it to pump...took the mastercylinder apart again blew everything out with the air compressor and still can not get any pumping action..only thing i can think is maybe buy a new master cylinder body or change out the stainless line...any thoughts
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 12:09 AM
Master of the Electron

All of our suggestions depend upon working components (which we would assume is the case, because they are all new/rebuilt).

The most likely issue is the master cylinder, since YOU rebuilt it... no offense intended. With the brake line disconnected does it pump brake fluid? If not then your rebuild is the suspect. Did you hone the cylinder?

'01 660 Raptor, Burgard +2+1 arms, YFZ Shocks, LSR anti-vibe, CTR pipe, jetted, K&N
'01 Polaris Scrambler 400, K&N
'02 Honda 400ex, Big Gun pipe, jetted, K&N, Lonestar +2 A-arms, Lonestar anti-vibe
'04 Suzuki LTZ400
'16 RZR XP4 1000 Turbo
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 05:24 AM
I am unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstondonato View Post
tried everything you guys said wasted a big bootle of brake fluid still cant get it to pump...took the mastercylinder apart again blew everything out with the air compressor and still can not get any pumping action..only thing i can think is maybe buy a new master cylinder body or change out the stainless line...any thoughts
How did you waste all this brake fluid if the master cylinder doesnt pump...........

686 three plugger with HV porting, 39 FCRS, Curtis Sparks exhaust, Dyna FS CDI

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode