Colorized lenses - Page 2 - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-18-2014, 07:29 PM
www.gtpoffroad.com

i need to try the blue. they just need to be dark enough for me in the sun. I get blinded by the light too much if the lenses aren't dark enough.

08 Raptor 700r - March 2013 ROTM

DMC Force 4 Duals - FCI Intake - PC5/Autotune - Stage 3 Hotcam - 12:1 CP Piston - +3 Cuervo TB - Ported head - Kibblewhite springs

Elka Stage 4 - Houser +2.25" MX LT MGC A-Arms - Lone Star Axle (+6)

Pro Armor Skid Plate - Pro Armor Nerf Bars

GTP Beadlock Wheels - Skat~Trak 9 paddle

ProTaper Contour Bars - Trail Tech Bar clamps - ODI grips - Fastway Steering stabilizer - Vapor

My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DJraprider?feature=guide
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-18-2014, 08:18 PM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rap_Rider View Post
i need to try the blue. they just need to be dark enough for me in the sun. I get blinded by the light too much if the lenses aren't dark enough.
Yep, I wear blue lenses in OTG with my prescription sunglasses. BUT, look what happened.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 09:35 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyB View Post
I dont know if they make them for goggles but in the military we used photochromic lenses in our Oakley's that where orange. They would transition from dark to light depending on the light outside and fast. They also showed shadows way better or the depth of them I should say. Kind of hard to explain. I am not sure if they make them in goggles or what else but I do know that they are not cheap.
Looooove photochromic lenses. Haven't seen any available for mx goggles the past couple days I've been sorting my helmet/goggle set up, but I have a PC lense on my Bell Star helmet for my bikes. I'll never go back. Such a genius design, and convenient as hell.

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 09:40 AM

Garage
"Back up in your ass with the reserection!", Lol
Bow Commander likes this.

"Sixty percent of the time, It Works - Every Time."
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 01:24 PM
Lifetime VIP

Send a message via AIM to t web2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEZPERADO View Post
Yep, I wear blue lenses in OTG with my prescription sunglasses. BUT, look what happened.
Been meaning to ask how you're doing. Going to be back in riding condition anytime soon?

2015 700Rse
Fci, PC5F/I, monster exhaust, +2 Cuervo head, HDD5150, 54mm throttle body, 105.5 14:1, +8 swingarm.
08 yfz450se
Sparks big core, k&n no lid, yz needle, yz timing mod, +4 swingarm.
“Peepshow”
Cuervo 870, lectron, msd, monster megs, single a-arm lightened chasis, +14 swingarm.
”Monarchy”
Cuervo 930, lectron, msd, db fab titanium chasis.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 04:53 PM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by t web2007 View Post
Been meaning to ask how you're doing. Going to be back in riding condition anytime soon?

THANKS for your concern.

Oh yeah, I'm riding, just can't stay away from the dunes! Did the rally in May, Winchester and Florence are my favorites. Planning on the rally 2016. I sent my front shocks in to 'Works' for heavier springs and valving. I got the call today that they're done. I redid my plastic, graphics, and other upgrades. So, yes, the bike is almost ready.

BUT, there's always a 'BUT'. My left shoulder still hurts. For over a year, I've been to the gym 3 times a week, 3-4hrs each day trying to build strength and muscle. That includes therapy and many trips to doctors and ortho. Finally, they diagnosed that I have a torn rotator cuff. A referral back to the trauma center at Harbor View in Seattle and they said they don't do that. Now I'm waiting on another referral to U.W. Physicians. I may have to wait for surgery till after the rally.

2007 RAPTOR 700, SAND QUAD, 11:1 CP, +5 HR CRANK, PC3, +2 TB, LONE STAR XC +1, +1 A-ARMS, HD TIE RODS, JOGACA REAR SHOCK, ASV LEVERS, +4 REAR AXLE, DR.D REVERSE, ODI GRIPS, 1 1/8 CARBON BARS, DG BUMPER. BILLET: GAS CAP, BRAKE COVER, THROTTLE LEVER, BAR MOUNTS. LED LIGHTS'
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 07:03 PM
Lifetime VIP

Send a message via AIM to t web2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEZPERADO View Post
THANKS for your concern.

Oh yeah, I'm riding, just can't stay away from the dunes! Did the rally in May, Winchester and Florence are my favorites. Planning on the rally 2016. I sent my front shocks in to 'Works' for heavier springs and valving. I got the call today that they're done. I redid my plastic, graphics, and other upgrades. So, yes, the bike is almost ready.

BUT, there's always a 'BUT'. My left shoulder still hurts. For over a year, I've been to the gym 3 times a week, 3-4hrs each day trying to build strength and muscle. That includes therapy and many trips to doctors and ortho. Finally, they diagnosed that I have a torn rotator cuff. A referral back to the trauma center at Harbor View in Seattle and they said they don't do that. Now I'm waiting on another referral to U.W. Physicians. I may have to wait for surgery till after the rally.
Working out your shoulder for over a year with a torn rotator? That's toughness right there.
DEZPERADO likes this.

2015 700Rse
Fci, PC5F/I, monster exhaust, +2 Cuervo head, HDD5150, 54mm throttle body, 105.5 14:1, +8 swingarm.
08 yfz450se
Sparks big core, k&n no lid, yz needle, yz timing mod, +4 swingarm.
“Peepshow”
Cuervo 870, lectron, msd, monster megs, single a-arm lightened chasis, +14 swingarm.
”Monarchy”
Cuervo 930, lectron, msd, db fab titanium chasis.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 09:46 PM

Garage
Hey Dezperado, I had a torn rotator last year. Took about 9 months to heal. Never got it checked out because no health ins. But I still have the tell tale bump where my left trap meets the clavicle and shoulder joint, from the slight separation. It was a gym injury. I finally found out, after it healed back enough to work shoulders again, what I was doing that Initially aggravate it. Upright bar pulls. It impinges the socket, leaving no room for anything to properly move. So after researching this, I started doing this excersise with dumbbells. They allow the wrists to naturally turn inward a bit at the top, releaving the pressure. Since doing this I haven't aggravated the injury at all, and I like to train hard.
Just some personal experience here. I don't know the extent of your injury or how you typically train (other than 3-4 hours a day), but maybe it could help. Btw, do you do multiple sessions in a day, or is that consecutive?
I try to keep mine around 2 hours, sometimes 2.5 like today on legs, and I include a dilluted intra drink like PowerAid for carb, small sugar, mixed with amino acids. Sometimes I include some protien during if my body needs it. One of my main interests is not to let my body switch to catabolic.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode