Riding pants OPINIONS? - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-04-2015, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Question Riding pants OPINIONS?

I generally ride pretty redneck. Helmet, chest protector, MX gloves, cowboy boots, jeans, and t-shirt. Recently picked up a couple of clearance MX jerseys and think I will really like them. I also bought a pair of MX pants. Couple issues with them and have to return.
First, they only sold by one size ( 32 or 34 or 36 etc) figuring it was waist I chose my needed 34 waist size. The waist was perfect, but at 6'3" they were about 6 inches above my ankle. They were the inside boot style so riding shoes or cowboy boots would have been hilarious.
Second, they were very stiff and sounded like I would start a fire walking around. Corduroy jeans were laughing at me.

So, are they worth trying another pair? Really beneficial over jeans? If I buy another pair I planned on doing the over boot style this time. Still concerned of ending up with a fitted waist and way too short. Generally buy jeans in a 34 waist 36 length.

--2009 Raptor 727 ~SOLD~
+5mm stroker,CP 11:1, Hotcam #3, P&P,+3 Throttle body,FCI,Barker duals ,PCV,ITP Sand Star,Skat Trak Extremes,Dyno tuned 62.5hp
--2008 Honda TRX710XX ~SOLD~
Built to the hilt
--2013 Polaris Sportsman 850 Touring ~ SOLD
Well modded
--2007 Yamaha Raptor
ITP tires on ITP SS112 wheels, GYTR pipe, Precision Pro stabalizer, Alba +1.5 stem w/antivibe, Pro Taper bars, ASV levers, HCC seat cover, Pro Armor, DG nerfs
--2015 Yamaha WR450F, street legal mods
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-04-2015, 04:29 PM
POTW Moderator

Garage
Every time you see me riding trails with you, I have my riding pants. Like wearing pajamas, lol. I have moose brand so they are super comfy. Still have the pants? What brand are they?

[U]2006 raptor 700

DMC Force 4's, FCI W/box, Dynatek Fusion
CP 11:1 piston, BaMotorsports porting, HC3
RacersEdge +3TB
YFZ 450 fronts & reworked rear by JOGACA
Trailtech 1 1/8 xbar w/vapor dash & Vapor installed
ODI Rogue grips & ASV pro pack levers
PRM Edge Baja bumper w/12" Cree spot/flood bar
PRM Desert grab bar
PRM A-Arm skids, GYTR skid, ProArmor swinger skid
Fastway steering stabilizer
68HP 49TQ

PM me if you need service manuals
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-04-2015, 05:25 PM
Lifetime VIP

I used to ride in jeans and work boots and then switched over to actual riding boots and pants. They are a lot more comfy and lighter to me. I'm 6'3" and my main pants are a touch short for my liking but still are covered by my boots. It dosent bother me. I also have used over the boot but with the headers my pants didn't last long. So id rather have a lil black mark on my boots than holes in my pants. I just buy clearance ones my self as new they are spendy! But I believe some companies make longer ones...ie tall or something like that. Just don't know which companies or what style?

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-04-2015, 07:18 PM
Lifetime VIP

Send a message via AIM to t web2007
I love my riding pants. They are an outside of boot style by o'neal I believe. Heavy enough material to be durable but with enough vents to stay cool. They will even zip off into shorts for the really hot days. Also have some hip padding that is securely in place but can be removed.
Much more comfortable than riding in denim ever was.

Get yourself some riding boots! Your ankles will love you.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-04-2015, 07:23 PM
POTW Moderator

Garage
Agreed about boots. I finally forked out $300 for a set of alpinestars tech 5's can't wait to try them out. My old ones were falling apart...literally.

[U]2006 raptor 700

DMC Force 4's, FCI W/box, Dynatek Fusion
CP 11:1 piston, BaMotorsports porting, HC3
RacersEdge +3TB
YFZ 450 fronts & reworked rear by JOGACA
Trailtech 1 1/8 xbar w/vapor dash & Vapor installed
ODI Rogue grips & ASV pro pack levers
PRM Edge Baja bumper w/12" Cree spot/flood bar
PRM Desert grab bar
PRM A-Arm skids, GYTR skid, ProArmor swinger skid
Fastway steering stabilizer
68HP 49TQ

PM me if you need service manuals
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-04-2015, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

Morph they are Oneal brand. I have them ready to ship back.
https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...ent-Pants-2013

I bought a pair of MX boots years ago and couldn't stand them. Worse idea ever. Lol They were so freaking stiff that I couldn't feel anything going on with my feet. I kept shifting accidentally which is not good. I tried walking in them and what not and just don't think they would have ever broke in enough to where the ankle would actually flex. I have considered the shorty boots, but have found these that sparked my interest as well.

http://www.flyracing.com/product/str...hoe/2148/black

--2009 Raptor 727 ~SOLD~
+5mm stroker,CP 11:1, Hotcam #3, P&P,+3 Throttle body,FCI,Barker duals ,PCV,ITP Sand Star,Skat Trak Extremes,Dyno tuned 62.5hp
--2008 Honda TRX710XX ~SOLD~
Built to the hilt
--2013 Polaris Sportsman 850 Touring ~ SOLD
Well modded
--2007 Yamaha Raptor
ITP tires on ITP SS112 wheels, GYTR pipe, Precision Pro stabalizer, Alba +1.5 stem w/antivibe, Pro Taper bars, ASV levers, HCC seat cover, Pro Armor, DG nerfs
--2015 Yamaha WR450F, street legal mods

Last edited by easystreet; 01-04-2015 at 08:03 PM.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 03:42 PM

I have the same issue with riding boots. I never could get mine to break in. got them wet and washed my bike. got them wet and walked around and they were still as stiff as steel. f boots

Joagaca suspension,gytr frame skid,yfz calipers,powermadd hand guards,prodesign shifter,fasst flexx bars,rox risers,t.m. design chain guide,+2 lonestar swinger,billet dash,x-rex rears, klaw xc fronts,ebay bumper,prodesign case saver,primary drive sprockets and chain, all balls wheel bearings,+2+1 lonestar a-arms,+2 g force axle,vitos jet kit,ac pro peg nerf,amradillo swinger skid,sparks exhaust,prodesign intake,foam filter,outterwear,no lid

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 06:12 PM

I dress more for the trail conditions than anything else. Mostly muddy here in PA/NY area, regardless of the time of year, so old rain jacket and bibs for me. If I could dip my body in latex before each ride and then peel myself clean that would be nice.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 07:22 PM

Mostly riding pants and jersey. Though if I'm in the backyard I'll wear whatever I have on, including dress shoes lol

2013 YAMAHA RAPTOR 250
GYTR Heel Guards // GYTR Nerf Bars
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 07:29 PM

if im on my trx,its full on riding pants/boots,but when I hop on the 700 rappy, its skinny jeans and uggs,but lets keep that on the downlow

07 raptor all oem 05 trx450/575 duner 2012 rzr xp900 05 trx 90 1985 atc 70 1985 yamaha 60 zinger

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode