Gloves. - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Gloves.

How often does every one go through a pair of gloves? also what do y'all think of hard knuckle gloves? in thinking of these.

in know i im taking a risk with amazon but they are the right color, haha!

Andon Jones AKA Jones m4n117

06 Raptor 700r 50th ed
-GYTR exhaust and intake, Pro Design Uni (THANK YOU Santa DEZ! ),YFZ fronts and 700r rear all done the the "King Of The Spring" Jogaca!! ,PC3 ,TUSK nerf bars,GBC XC-Masters rear and fronts,AC racing bumper,6000k Bi-Xenons,trail tech bars,ODI grips,TUSK hand guards, and the best graduation present ever!

If you feel like watching some Raptor vids take a look!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJZ...3HMTWOG6OgX6Fw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 11:32 AM
Lifetime VIP

All depends on how much you ride and conditions. I personal favorite are Oakley gloves. They last the longest for me which is like say 6 months.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 11:39 AM

I use the fingerless mechanic gloves that you can buy at the auto parts store. I have like 3 different pair that have lasted me like atleast 3-4 years or so. I like the fingerless because I feel like I have more feeling and control with my bare fingertips. I also have a full finger set of Fly Racing gloves that I use on colder rides but for some reason I just dont feel as comfortable wearing those. The mechanic gloves have lots of padding and extra leather in the palm area right were you need it most. Works great for me.

2014 Raptor 700R, Racers Edge tuned 734 Big Bore, CP 12.5:1 piston, Web 4 cam, 54mm Billet throttle body, +2 +2 KW valves/springs, HPS SS XP2 head, Monster Big Bore Duals, MSD fuel controler, Milers custom radiator, ProTaper handlebars, AVS Pro's, ODI grips, Alba Racing nerfs, Alba front bumper, Pro Armor rear grab bar, Custom tripple rate Jogaca shocks, ITP rims, Maxxis Razr XC's, 21" 9 paddle Skat Trak Extremes for the dunes!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 10:33 PM

I get about two years out of them I would say. I just wear the traditional MX style myself. Non-knuckle plastic type. Even though mine have always had leather palm sides I will throw them in the washer a few times per year. Never caused any problems.

--2009 Raptor 727 ~SOLD~
+5mm stroker,CP 11:1, Hotcam #3, P&P,+3 Throttle body,FCI,Barker duals ,PCV,ITP Sand Star,Skat Trak Extremes,Dyno tuned 62.5hp
--2008 Honda TRX710XX ~SOLD~
Built to the hilt
--2013 Polaris Sportsman 850 Touring ~ SOLD
Well modded
--2007 Yamaha Raptor
ITP tires on ITP SS112 wheels, GYTR pipe, Precision Pro stabalizer, Alba +1.5 stem w/antivibe, Pro Taper bars, ASV levers, HCC seat cover, Pro Armor, DG nerfs
--2015 Yamaha WR450F, street legal mods
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 12:46 AM

Street bike gloves in my experience are a lot hotter and make you sweat a lot more than mx gloves. Some this does. Not bother or do not have this problem. I only ride the dunes so I don't need much knuckle protection. I use bicycle gloves with gel palms and no fingers. Or half fingers.

2008 Raptor 700
tqs 11.5 piston
RE +1 ported head
+3 tb
Hd5050 cam
mod quad k&n with protec lid
barker duals
dynatech with dl700 curves
pc3 tune by white knuckle racing
Spark plug mod (NGK CR2 Racing spark plug cable)
NGK Spark Plug (CR9EKPA)
67 HP and 50 tq

Houser a-arms
JJ&A aluminum 34" play axel (lifetime warranty)
out back welding +2 swing arm
Tusk front wave rotors

PRM nerfs (soon to be houser)
thunder link
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andon Jones View Post
How often does every one go through a pair of gloves? also what do y'all think of hard knuckle gloves? in thinking of these.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A3API60Q3VVB01

in know i im taking a risk with amazon but they are the right color, haha!
Usually a couple of years. Hard knuckle gloves will surely protect your knuckles from bruises and abrasions. I don't see any thing wrong buying from amazon as long as you keep the ticket and brand is reputable.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-14-2015, 12:13 AM
Ride or Die

1-2 summers

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

2010 Yamaha Raptor 700R-SE
TFI Fuel Controller, Pro Flow Air Filter Adapter, Pro-Armor Kill-Switch, Protaper Handlebars, UPP Poly-Urethane Case saver, Powermadd Hand guards, Pro-Armor Nerf Barfs, Pro-Armor Rear Grab bar, Moose Racing Bumper, Maxxis Razr2's, ODI Grips, Aluminum Skid Plates, Primary Drive Sprockets & Chain, Mod Quad Gas Cap, Baffle Removed

Check out my Raptor videos by clicking the link below & subscribe! www.youtube.com/MrBlackthunder400
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Garage
alright, i got to a dealer ship and i like the hard knuckle gloves so imma go with them. thanks everyone!

Andon Jones AKA Jones m4n117

06 Raptor 700r 50th ed
-GYTR exhaust and intake, Pro Design Uni (THANK YOU Santa DEZ! ),YFZ fronts and 700r rear all done the the "King Of The Spring" Jogaca!! ,PC3 ,TUSK nerf bars,GBC XC-Masters rear and fronts,AC racing bumper,6000k Bi-Xenons,trail tech bars,ODI grips,TUSK hand guards, and the best graduation present ever!

If you feel like watching some Raptor vids take a look!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJZ...3HMTWOG6OgX6Fw

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode