Headphones for riding? - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-2015, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Question Headphones for riding?

Looking to buy a set of head phones or something to listen to music while I ride.

I have Apples new ear buds that are designed for active use, but my ears aren't really built for ear buds.

I've seen some "ear plug" ear buds. They are like ear plugs and ear buds put together. The foam fits to ear. Just wonder if they work or not before I spend the money on them.

What do you guys use? Has to be something that will fit in my helmet.

(Thor) 2016 Raptor 700r SE
11.1 CP Piston, HC3, Cuervo Racing +3 TB, Gutted Big Guns EXO, Pro Design Foam Intake, AIS Delete, PCV & Autotune with Cuervo Timing Curve, Driveline Performance HD Clutch, GBC XC Master Tires, Trail Tech Vapor With Billet Mount, Powermadd Star Series Hand Guards, ODI Rogue Grips, Custom Grab Bar, Pro Armor Bully Guard, Pro Armor Full Skids, TM Designworks Poly Case Saver, Auxbeam 12'' LED Light Bar, Front & Rear Shock Rebuild by Jogaca
Authorized Amsoil Dealer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-2015, 09:35 PM
POTW Moderator

Garage
I know some guys wear them, but it's a safety factor. You can't hear what's around you. I have crested hills on my dirt bike hearing other people yelling for help. At the top of a hill, you let off the gas. Seen crazy stuff, I am against wearing them.
john jr and DugT like this.

[U]2006 raptor 700

DMC Force 4's, FCI W/box, Dynatek Fusion
CP 11:1 piston, BaMotorsports porting, HC3
RacersEdge +3TB
YFZ 450 fronts & reworked rear by JOGACA
Trailtech 1 1/8 xbar w/vapor dash & Vapor installed
ODI Rogue grips & ASV pro pack levers
PRM Edge Baja bumper w/12" Cree spot/flood bar
PRM Desert grab bar
PRM A-Arm skids, GYTR skid, ProArmor swinger skid
Fastway steering stabilizer
68HP 49TQ

PM me if you need service manuals
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 10:56 AM

Hey there,

I normally just lurk around but decided to drop in because this is something I can really talk about.

I'm a real audiophile and I've spent days if not weeks on the web just reviewing different headphones that fit my taste.
For sporting I use Bowers & Wilkins In-Ear Headphones. They are very nice earbuds and they have secure loop technology, which them firmly in your ears, I love them.

I found them from this article: http://thetechplanet.net/6-best-nois...lling-earbuds/ - maybe it will help you too.

Hope I was helpful
morphrider and xMOWERYx like this.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks! I'll look into it. I'm into music big time too. I'd only really be using them for when I'm by myself on a ride. Not very populated out here.

morphrider: I can go 3 hours and not see anyone, so having to have my hearing won't make that big of a difference. Plus we can't really say you cannot drive/ride without hearing. That would be singling out the deaf community pretty quick. My buddy's cousin rides amateur 250 track races and he's almost 90% deaf lol.

11.1 CP Piston, HC3, Cuervo Racing +3 TB, Gutted Big Guns EXO, Pro Design Foam Intake, AIS Delete, PCV & Autotune with Cuervo Timing Curve, Driveline Performance HD Clutch, GBC XC Master Tires, Trail Tech Vapor With Billet Mount, Powermadd Star Series Hand Guards, ODI Rogue Grips, Custom Grab Bar, Pro Armor Bully Guard, Pro Armor Full Skids, TM Designworks Poly Case Saver, Auxbeam 12'' LED Light Bar, Front & Rear Shock Rebuild by Jogaca
Authorized Amsoil Dealer
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysonsadam View Post
Hey there,

I normally just lurk around but decided to drop in because this is something I can really talk about.

I'm a real audiophile and I've spent days if not weeks on the web just reviewing different headphones that fit my taste.
For sporting I use Bowers & Wilkins In-Ear Headphones. They are very nice earbuds and they have secure loop technology, which them firmly in your ears, I love them.

I found them from this article: http://thetechplanet.net/6-best-nois...lling-earbuds/ - maybe it will help you too.

Hope I was helpful

How is the sound quality against something like apple ear buds? Also how durable would you say they are?

Authorized Amsoil Dealer
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 09:56 PM
POTW Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysonsadam View Post
Hey there,

Hope I was helpful
Thanks for coming out of the shadows for this, welcome to the forum!

[U]2006 raptor 700

DMC Force 4's, FCI W/box, Dynatek Fusion
CP 11:1 piston, BaMotorsports porting, HC3
RacersEdge +3TB
YFZ 450 fronts & reworked rear by JOGACA
Trailtech 1 1/8 xbar w/vapor dash & Vapor installed
ODI Rogue grips & ASV pro pack levers
PRM Edge Baja bumper w/12" Cree spot/flood bar
PRM Desert grab bar
PRM A-Arm skids, GYTR skid, ProArmor swinger skid
Fastway steering stabilizer
68HP 49TQ

PM me if you need service manuals
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 05:13 PM
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"----"Or Be Swallowed"

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphrider View Post
I know some guys wear them, but it's a safety factor. You can't hear what's around you. I have crested hills on my dirt bike hearing other people yelling for help. At the top of a hill, you let off the gas. Seen crazy stuff, I am against wearing them.
+1.

2009 RAPTOR 700R, CP 12.1, HC-3, FCI intake-K&N-no air box, BARKER DUALS, PC-3, +2 SLC chrome ladder-type swingarm, DURA BLUE rear extended wheel hubs, FLIPPED rear link, +2 WICKED A-arms, FOX floats, ALUMINUM tie rods, SPEED LINE'Z brake lines-front & back, Red ASV shorty levers, PRO ARMOR tether kill switch, SHAVED fenders, DWT .125 wheels, SKAT-TRAX 21x12x8 extreme's 7 paddle, DURO sand master 21x7x10.
http://youtu.be/VU2a3r_5UT8
http://youtu.be/rBGEsMMoV5Y Winchester Bay Dunes
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 06:02 PM
Lifetime VIP

Garage
Ear buds DO NOT work for riding. You need speakers instead. I'm using the ones made by rugged radios (actually their helmet radio kit) but I've used the stand alone speakers before I got the radio kit. The speakers are pretty awesome IMO. Not much bass but come on... They are like $30 on amazon and pretty easy to install.

And with speakers instead of ear buds you can still hear everything around you. Like trophy trucks and such haha

2007 727cc Desert Raptor
2007 Practice/Trail Raptor

2015 Silver State 300 Race Video

2015 Vegas to Reno Race Video

Follow me on Instagram @Quadrider700

Finished the 545 Mile Vegas to Reno Ironman
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 06:13 PM

if u need some metal to get pumped up while riding, u need more POWA!!!
xMOWERYx likes this.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I just bought a set of Philips ear hook headphones. Just has like a normal ear bud but its got a stiff rubber piece that goes around your ear to hold it in place. I used to use these when I was younger. They work pretty well for staying in your ear. I'm not gonna make my raptor too loud so I should be able to hear them fine.

They having some that are half the price, but from the reviews this is best bang for buck.

Authorized Amsoil Dealer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode