Helmet Suggestions/Opinions? - Page 2 - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bow Commander View Post
I stopped buying expensive goggles once I found a few inexpensive ones that work well. Now I ride with these Scott's and swap lenses depending on conditions. The blue chrome is great for bright sun on the dunes. They don't fog up on me and they have yet to scratch.

http://www.amazon.com/Scott-Sports-R...tt+goggles+red
Cool, thanks. I wasn't sure if there were certain ones that worked better for anti-fogging. I know with paintball masks (especially here in FL), when i switched from a single lens crap mask to a dual pane lens VForce Grill the difference was astounding. In either sport the last thing you want is fog creeping up in your site. But I guess the big difference between the two are that your breath is out of the way here, so probably not as big of a deal. Haven't seen anything in the way of dual pane lenses for MX goggles, just coatings. So I assume its more just about preference of style and fit, with maybe some having better venting here and there.

"Sixty percent of the time, It Works - Every Time."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Been thinking Oakley or Fox for goggles. Holy crap though.. there are FAR too many choices, and I'm notoriously picky Lol
Andon Jones likes this.

post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Helmet is officially on the way!
Bow Commander and Andon Jones like this.

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
aaaaaaaaand the goggle/lense combo...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	main_01-720_proven-mx_jet-black-dark-grey_001_64855_png_thumb.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	105905   Click image for larger version

Name:	main_01-287_proven-mx-replacement-lens_fire-iridium_001_76876_png_thumb.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	2.5 KB
ID:	105913  
morphrider and Andon Jones like this.

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 09:59 AM

Garage
glad it all worked out, im am gonna need some new goggles here soon.

Andon Jones AKA Jones m4n117

06 Raptor 700r 50th ed
-GYTR exhaust and intake, Pro Design Uni (THANK YOU Santa DEZ! ),YFZ fronts and 700r rear all done the the "King Of The Spring" Jogaca!! ,PC3 ,TUSK nerf bars,GBC XC-Masters rear and fronts,AC racing bumper,6000k Bi-Xenons,trail tech bars,ODI grips,TUSK hand guards, and the best graduation present ever!

If you feel like watching some Raptor vids take a look!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJZ...3HMTWOG6OgX6Fw
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andon Jones View Post
glad it all worked out, im am gonna need some new goggles here soon.
Yeah man, I'm interested to see how well the fire iridium lens works. Comes with a dark grey lens already. I didn't go all out on the goggles. Got some Oakley MX Proven's. Didn't see them any cheaper than $50, so actually ordered them straight from Oakley for free shipping. Man for the $ that company makes they really need to give thier site a complete overhaul. Lotta clunky, redundant and mislabeled stuff there. Was surprised.
Bow Commander and Andon Jones like this.

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 10:18 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTH-FIGHTER View Post
Yeah man, I'm interested to see how well the fire iridium lens works. Comes with a dark grey lens already. I didn't go all out on the goggles. Got some Oakley MX Proven's. Didn't see them any cheaper than $50, so actually ordered them straight from Oakley for free shipping. Man for the $ that company makes they really need to give thier site a complete overhaul. Lotta clunky, redundant and mislabeled stuff there. Was surprised.
hm I haven't gone there before I will check it out. When you get your goggles let me know how you like them I have been looking at some Oakley's. I will check their sight now.

06 Raptor 700r 50th ed
-GYTR exhaust and intake, Pro Design Uni (THANK YOU Santa DEZ! ),YFZ fronts and 700r rear all done the the "King Of The Spring" Jogaca!! ,PC3 ,TUSK nerf bars,GBC XC-Masters rear and fronts,AC racing bumper,6000k Bi-Xenons,trail tech bars,ODI grips,TUSK hand guards, and the best graduation present ever!

post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 10:27 AM

Garage
Yeah their sight leaves a bit to be desired lol. I found some other ones I really like haha. see thats the problem with looking at new sights you always find something you like better and it is more expensive hahaha! Geee thanks Stealth! I wish this model was in black and yellow!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	main_oo7025-31_crowbar-mx_tagline-black-white-clear_001_72386_png_hero.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	105993  

06 Raptor 700r 50th ed

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andon Jones View Post
Yeah their sight leaves a bit to be desired lol. I found some other ones I really like haha. see thats the problem with looking at new sights you always find something you like better and it is more expensive hahaha! Geee thanks Stealth! I wish this model was in black and yellow!
Lol, yep, that happens to me alot too! I ended up spending $300 for everything in the end.
I recognize those Crowbar's. Was checking that pair out myself yesterday.
Andon Jones likes this.

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-22-2015, 02:56 PM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bow Commander View Post
I ride with these Scott's and swap lenses depending on conditions. The blue chrome is great for bright sun on the dunes. They don't fog up on me and they have yet to scratch.

I know you have the same Scott lenses I have, but where do you find the blue chrome lenses to fit? Or, did you buy new goggles?

I have the 89 series, OTG.

'19 Can-Am X3, RS Turbo, 172 HP, 1300x15 STU #2 paddle, Tribute front, DynaTec controller, cat delete, GTP blow off valve, custom flame wrap, Bent Metal windshield, Blazer wiper, rear window, 48in LED light bar, 14in LED light bar, GTP LED side lights, S3 shock tower brace, aluminum rear pull plate, 5K Badlands winch, dual batteries, 5ft lighted whips, Rugged radio and intercom, interior lights, rock lights, chase lights, over $200 additional switches, YES, street legal with dirt tires.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode