Best back protection - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Best back protection

As there are tons of post about different gear I haven't found the answer to this question. What setup is best to protect the full spine from the base of the skull to the lower back.

A little background... a few years ago I was in a motorcycle accident. A kid turned in front of me at an intersection and to make a long story short I shattered or broke almost every bone including the base of my skull to my knees. After shattering every one of my transverse vertebrae (the little fingers that stick off each side of the spine) I'm nervous to take another impact possible sending one of those shards into my spinal cord.

So I figure I'd take up a nice safe hobby like quading hahahaha. Seriously though Max protection is my main concern.

Any recommend brands or models to get or stay away from? No competitive racing, year round riding, anything from straight flat roads, open fields, to steep hills and technical trails
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 05:46 AM

Garage
This is why i dont have a street bike. People cant drive and dont pay attention. Glad your okay and ready to at least get out there and ride something. I really dont know the answer to this particular question. Good luck on the hunt though.

06 700 se
+2 Alba A arms
+1 Houser ant-vibe stem
Fasst Flexx bars
Precision Pro stabilizer
long travel yfz shocks redone by Jogca
oem rear shock redone by Jogca
GBC XC-Masters
Big Gun Exo duals
FCI intake w/box
PC5 w/ignition
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 07:12 AM Thread Starter

It goes to show that you can do everything right and things can still go wrong. The responding police officer said he actually remembered passing me earlier that day because he never clocks a sport bike doing the speed limit. The thing that saved my life was that I had been wearing full gear.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
As there are tons of post about different gear I haven't found the answer to this question. What setup is best to protect the full spine from the base of the skull to the lower back.

A little background... a few years ago I was in a motorcycle accident. A kid turned in front of me at an intersection and to make a long story short I shattered or broke almost every bone including the base of my skull to my knees. After shattering every one of my transverse vertebrae (the little fingers that stick off each side of the spine) I'm nervous to take another impact possible sending one of those shards into my spinal cord.

So I figure I'd take up a nice safe hobby like quading hahahaha. Seriously though Max protection is my main concern.

Any recommend brands or models to get or stay away from? No competitive racing, year round riding, anything from straight flat roads, open fields, to steep hills and technical trails
One of those good back protectors that riders recommend is the Forcefield Pro L2K Back Protector.

averagerider

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode