Body Armor/Protection Reviews ? - Page 3 - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 12:11 AM
Breathe my dust !

Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
I just got a Thor Impact Rig SE. It's frickin' awesome. Breathes great, fits good, lots of protection. Don't even notice it's there honestly.

I can't get the link to work on here, but check it out.
I have the same one ! It's really nice !
I used to wear elbow guards with a chest protector before and the body armor is way more comfortable, also look better cause you can put your jersey over it. It protects more than just the chest protector.

However, one of my buddies is a physical therapist and ride dirtbikes. He told me that the best protection ever (he just got one and tried all style of body armor) is the one made by RXR that is inflatable. you put it, then inflate it and it fits your body.
Check it out:
http://www.rxr-proshop.com/index.php...protector.html

Quote:
can I wear it UNDER my jersey and still use a EVS neck protector Fl. woods?
I have the Thor Impact and an EVS neck brace just like Fl.woods, I wear the body armor under my jersey, and wear the EVS neck brace over the jersey.
I never tried to wear the neck brace under the body armor as I take if off often when I do breaks.

08 Raptor 700 SE
Full MX ready
08 CRF 450 R
Supermoto Rocket
O9 Pw 80
Full BBR ready for the boring days
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 12:38 AM

awesome! I think I'll get it

07 ltr450 nicely modded

05 660 sold 10-10

04 Lt80 sold 2-19-11

88 trx250r sold 9-10

kasea 90 custom w/trx250r frame and front half

92 LT250R
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahitianrider View Post
I wear the body armor under my jersey, and wear the EVS neck brace over the jersey.
I never tried to wear the neck brace under the body armor as I take if off often when I do breaks.
I meant armor, jersey, neck protector. not neck protector, armor, jersey lol

not quite sure how one would go about putting a jersey on over a neck brace without the use of scissors lmfao

that rxr piece sounds nice. if I get hurt with conventional armor that will be my next choice, I don't imagine shipping to HI from the BK will be very light. I think I'll throw more in weight in BP than the armor weights LOL

07 ltr450 nicely modded

05 660 sold 10-10

04 Lt80 sold 2-19-11

88 trx250r sold 9-10

92 LT250R

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 01:16 AM
Breathe my dust !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiianbasshead View Post
I meant armor, jersey, neck protector. not neck protector, armor, jersey lol

not quite sure how one would go about putting a jersey on over a neck brace without the use of scissors lmfao

that rxr piece sounds nice. if I get hurt with conventional armor that will be my next choice, I don't imagine shipping to HI from the BK will be very light. I think I'll throw more in weight in BP than the armor weights LOL
I have the same problem with shipping since I live in Tahiti, that's under Hawaii
My buddy talk me a lot about the Rxr (he was treating me for lumbar vertebra injury I caught landing hard on some jumps so we had time to talk lol ) and told me that shipping wasn't very expensive. And trust me, shipping to Tahiti use to be very very expensive. He's very happy with it, he told me that it was super light and he also use it with a leat brace.

Quote:
Well, I didn't think of that

08 Raptor 700 SE
Full MX ready
08 CRF 450 R
Supermoto Rocket
O9 Pw 80
Full BBR ready for the boring days
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 01:20 AM

thinking of getting the EVS race collar for now, to have some kinda neck protection til I get a neck brace, I really like the nitro circus neck brace since it matches my LTR black/white theme. I just gotta add some red like maybe beadlock rings and a few other subtle touches of red and it's all G but that's more long term stuff. not immediate stuff I feel I need right away..

yeah, that RXR looks bad azz but I would want the $250 one. and really, I use only a helmet, boots and padded shorts atm so it would be 10x better to wear any back/chest/neck protection lol

so for the money I'm thinkin the EVS neck collar

http://www.motosport.com/atv/product...LAR/?id=101993

thor rig SE (full suit)

http://www.motosport.com/atv/product...-SE/?id=112211

and I'm good to go for now

I think I'll get some black or black/gray gear so the dirt/mud don't ruin it anymore lol

yeah, I'm sure tahiti shipping is expensive, it ain't all that far from us in HI lol, but motosport does free ship for $99+ and then only $20 more to HI, I got my 450 bumper from them and that's all it costed iirc.. got something else too but I forget what it was.

so far their cart says for both it's $205 shipped to HI lol. my b-day is thurday so the wife is wanting to buy me the armor. possibly the neck brace I didn't show her that yet lol.

thinkin of getting myself some Max RPM beadlock fronts so I can put my 20x6x10 holeshot SXs to use on my LTR and run my mxr6 18x10s again since I have 22x7 and 20x10 holeshot XCRs on atm and they kinda make the bike feel tipsy compare to before... plus I want beadlocks lol.

these are a possibility for beadlocks $240 shipped for the fronts...

07 ltr450 nicely modded

05 660 sold 10-10

04 Lt80 sold 2-19-11

88 trx250r sold 9-10

92 LT250R

Last edited by Hawaiianbasshead; 12-29-2010 at 01:34 AM.
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 01:52 PM

The RXR is $85 shipped on ebay!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RXR-F...Q5fMerchandise

2006 Raptor 700
Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox antivibe risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP stabilizer, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms ST, Rap 700 SE front shocks revalved/resprung by Wiigstyle, Fox Podium X rear shock, Hiper front beadlocks and DWT Drift rear beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs and Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper, GYT-R chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swingarm skid plate :rock:

My name is Iņigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!!!
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 03:55 PM
Speed's Best Friend

Check out Alpine stars BNS system. Its an impact jacket that goes with there neck brace. You can get both for about $400
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rappyfreak View Post
they don't have the plastic armor on them tho? why does it look so different than the UK one that's $250? it doesn't look the same. they both use the air shock absorbtion like an airbag so I'm sure the fall part is protected from hits til the rock protrudes thru the airbag into my flesh. the hard plastic shields would stop it from stabbing through and broaden the impact area so it won't hit the same imo...

I'm picking up a used fox chest protector now off CL for $20 locally so I'll at least have something if I go this weekend. neck protection and my full suit have a little more time now lmfao.. rockymountain has the EVS neck brace on sale still for like $89.99 in blue and white. found it in another thread on here

07 ltr450 nicely modded

05 660 sold 10-10

04 Lt80 sold 2-19-11

88 trx250r sold 9-10

92 LT250R
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 11:17 PM

check out danise pressure suit
there comfy breath well and lots of protection
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 12:55 AM

already ordered the impact rig SE... I didn't even get to ride with my new fox chest protector yet and the impact rig will be here friday lol. oh well, maybe I'll sell it and I have more play money again lol

07 ltr450 nicely modded

05 660 sold 10-10

04 Lt80 sold 2-19-11

88 trx250r sold 9-10

92 LT250R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode