Dealership Grades - Page 2 - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 07:58 PM

Re: Dealership Grades

wheel sports center New Rochelle NY
07 700r purchased june 06
grade C
This was the second bike i bought from in three months (06 r6 was the other) he told me 7000 out the door, tax included. the next day when i got there to pick the bike up with an envelope with $7000 cash he said it was $7000 plus tax. when i questioned him he told me that it was june and the bike was not going to be released till july. so the deal was too good and he was gonna have to charge me more. after threatening him and his family with death he finally gave me the bike for $7000. Also he promised me a set of pro armor nerf bars for free. i never got them.

Parts Knowledge
Grade C
They really don't know how to make the bike any better then stock. i would not buy anything from them ever again

Service
Grade D
They could never touch any of my bikes. my friend brought them his new R1 for an oil change and they forgot to put the oil back in. luckily he checked it when he picked it up.

You wanna know what pisses me off most about this dealership? I'm in a bike club and between our 40+ members we must have bought over 25 bikes from them in under 5 years (most of us have both street bikes and quads). they still try to charge our members retail on parts, and when i send someone in for a bike, the make like they never heard of my bike club, when the owners son (who is a salesman there) used to ride with us. There attitude is that they have no problem selling bikes so why should we give you a deal.

OK, i vented. i feel better now

2007 Raptor 700r Gray And Red<br />GYT-R A-Arms, Engine, Swing Arm Skids<br />PRM Rear Bar<br />Pro Armor Front Bumper &amp; Nerfs<br />Trailtech HIDs<br />Aluminum Engine Scoops<br />15T Front Sprocket<br />DynoJet PC III<br />Pro Design w/ K&amp;N<br />NKG Iridium Plug<br />Barker Duals <br />iShock 5500 kit <br />Gibson Steering Damper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 10:33 PM

Motorsports Of Willmar, Minnesota
06 700R OTD $7360.25
C Part knowledge basic
I Service (Never let them touch my quad)
D Accessories very limited for rider & quad
F Next Purchase - somewhere with a real service dept, they now sell Yamaha,
Honda, Suzuki, Polaris, Kawasaki, Can AM
C- Selection
A Saleman cool but wouldn't give anything free, anything. 15% off accessories
for 6 months.

Test Rides - not unless your sure your gonna buy it

post #13 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Freak!

Keep it up guys, spend sometime on posting up your experiences so others can learn where to go for good service/prices/assessories!!

Maddog's trailer loading coach

post #14 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 10:34 AM

CHAPARRAL MOTORSPORTS
RIVERSIDE, CA

PURCHASE= A++++ (SEE TOMMY) BETWEEEN FRIENDS WE HAVE BOUGHT 16 BIKE THROUGH TOMMY

SERVICE= NEVER DEALT WITH SERVICE (DO MY OWN WORK)

PARTS= NOT VERY HELPFUL.........THEY REMIND ME OF RICE RACERS THAT TALK THE TALK BUT CAN'T WALK THE WALK.....

GREAT OVERALL EXPERIANCE......I WOULD BE WILLING TO ALSO TRY BUYING MY NEXT BIKE FROM NORTH COUNTY YAMAHA......THE SALES GUYS SEEM PRETTY COOL,, AND KENDALL IN PARTS DID GOOD FOR ME......GOOD ONLINE PARTS SERVICE ALSO http://www.ncyyamaha.com/

2006 RAPTOR 700 SE<br />PCIII<br />PROFLOW INTAKE W/K&amp;N<br />GYTR OVAL EXHAUST<br />AIR BOX LID REMOVED<br />ALBA +2 LONG TRAVEL<br />ELKA COMP&amp;REB ADJ SHOCKS<br />SOLTEK FUEGO 4&quot; HID&#039;D W/BAJA GUARD<br />EVO BARS<br />DR. D REVERSE LEVER<br />BLINGSTAR FRONT BUMPER<br />PRM COOLER RACK<br />SOON TO PUT ON 15T SPROCKET<br />ITP SAND STARS ON DOUGLAS .190&#039;S
post #15 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 10:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to raptorkid700

crazy fredies in comack ( formaly north shore cycle and marine)

comack, NY long island
07 raptor 700 show room model around 8 grand OTD
came with nerfs and helmet and goggles

b- knowledge on the quad- i relyknew everything i wanted to kno, but some guy who worked there ( not the guy selling it to me, he wasa dirtbike guy) told me about it since he just got one.
c- acessories and gear- tons of gear but no accesories and it took 3 weeks to get my "only 1 week to wait" nerfs
b- selection- asways have alot, and crazy friedies is throughout long island so if they didnt have it, it would be at my house in a day. but the bike that i wanted ( 06 yz 250f) they didnt have, but i feel in love with the rappy on the showroom
B- salsemen- cool dude, didnt know alot about the raptor, but they charged the batery for me and got us set up good. also, i walked in a month later for some grip glue and the guy stoped me and asked me about it in the middle of a deal, so he was dedicated.
C- next purchase- they have a great selection but there prices are on the high side. and i dont see me geting another atv or dirtbike soon. but street bike, thats a different story. they have crazy deals on street bikes. they had a buy one get one free deal!!! and a but one get a gsxr 600!!!

2008 KTM 250xc-f
post #16 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Freak!

Also if any dealerships you've been to (good or bad) do test rides, please post that to

post #17 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 10:57 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to socalrappy700

Montclair motorsports
Montclair, California
Grade: A++++
purchaced 07 700 se2 OTD $7000

they are great guys and they always take care of me on parts. The guys in the shop do great work too. I would go there first for anything. Then even match LA yamaha prices.
post #18 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 11:13 AM

Extreme Power Sports
Columbus GA

Price B+
I bought an 07 Wolverine SE $5800 OTD, and 06 650 Brute Force OTD $6000

Salesman B
Good guy but would sell his soul to get you to buy something even if you don't want it

Parts D
Poor selection for ATVs and counter people slow and kind of rude

Service F
Kept my Brute Force 2 months to replace rear shock. Often will send machines to different shop when they can't figure it out. Labor is outragious. When they return it to greasy hand prints all over white plastics
post #19 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 11:22 AM

Yamaha Sports Plaza
SLC, Utah
Sales Grade: B-
Parts Grade: B+

They were cocky and not willing to give much of a deal, also played the magic curtain game. I would not buy my next quad there. I walked out and then my wife went back and bought it for me.

I think I will try Vesco's next time. I went to Vesco's first but they were out of stock on the color I wanted. Vesco's was very helpful and did not play the games. They offered me a SE for less then Yamaha Sport Plaza sold me mine for, but I had to have white .
post #20 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Freak!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode