Dealership Grades - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Freak!

Dealership Grades

I've seen some negative and positive posts in threads about dealership experiences. Thought it might be a good idea to archive some of our experiences in one spot for members to do some research before purchasing or having service done by the Yamaha dealors previously graded.
I would like to see this with the type of individual experience rated (Yamaha Purchase, Service, Parts knowledge, Acessories, etc)
Lets use the A,B,C, D and F scale for each section with a little background. Please feel free to update with new experiences, and/or differing experiences to previous posts.
Hope this can help someone before they repeat one of our mistakes!

I'll Start.............

Rocky Mountain Cycle Plaza
Colorado Springs, CO

Type= 07 700R purchase, July 2007
Grade B- They got my price for me, but delivery delay, and Salesman communication on the delivery were lacking

Type= Parts Knowledge
Grade C- Mostly highschool kids working parts with very basic knowledge

Type= Assessories (riding gear)
Grade B+ decent selection, prices are marginal, assessory sales personel were helpful and expierenced riders

Aaron

Maddog's trailer loading coach
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 11:47 AM

Re: Dealership Grades

Romney cycle
Romney, west virginia
Grade: A+
purchaced 07 700 se OTD $6475
they had the bike i wanted in two days and i picked it up the third. it might have taken 10 min to sign the paper work then it was off to riding wheelies in the parking lot!

ITS A SMIB THING, U WOULDNT UNDERSTAND!
post #3 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 12:26 PM

USA Motorsports
(Ridenow chain in Phoenix)

Purchase - B
It told the saleman first thing the terms I'd buy under and they still had me going rounds with the sales manager. When I was sick of the crap and said take it or leave it, they did the deal. They didn't have a stock '07 GYTR in stock (only one with paddles for an insane premium) so I had to come back the next day to pick up my quad. Salesman never called the next day but I called him and it was there.

I got the quad home and noticed it was damaged. The rear brake arm was bent and the return spring was missing. I called the salesman and he had me return the quad and they fixed it while I waited. They 'borrowed' the part from the decked-out GYTR I wouldn't buy the day before.

Accessories - C

They had a basic selection and even though they are a RideNow chain, they wouldn't honor the RideNow sale prices on accessories.

'07 Raptor 700R GYTR Edition - GYTR Frame Skid, Pro Armor A-Arm / Swing Arm skid / 22/23 Razr2s / 13T / CCP stabilizer / Pro Taper SE bars / PCIII / HC2 / 22x11x10 Skat Trak Extremes & STU Razorbacks / Simple Racing 6000k HID conversion / ProDesign Intake (foam filter) / Phoenix Spark Arrestor / no lid / Outerwears Airbox cover

post #4 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 12:29 PM
vader/sith

Enumclaw Yamaha washington grade = D- took 6 weeks longer than they said for parts, missed the first part of riding season.....

the brothers power sports in bremerton washington grade = B + great service and great price 2007 se
post #5 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 12:44 PM

Motoworld of El Cajon. East County San Diego, califorinia

purchase- A, got me a really good deal on the bike, delivered right on time.

parts- B, mostly had good experences but a couple of times took a lot long than they said for the parts.

maintanice- c, mostly kids working on bikes, little things were wrong with work.

06 Raptor 700r bunch of goodies
post #6 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Freak!

lets keep this up guys, good job so far

Maddog's trailer loading coach
post #7 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 01:36 PM

Outdoor power sports. Mcdonough Ga

purchase: B+ cool salesman.. he will give you a decent price.. i paid 6800 for mine in 06. I think they could do better but the man has to eat also

Parts: A .... i always get hooked up at the parts counter. My buddy works there and myself and evlls1 always gets a discount and what we need right then

Shop: D- .... PPl are dicks there. The "meth mouth" guy that you have to deal with is kinda snappy. He dont have a clue as to what goes on in the back and will B.S his way into giving you an answer. Im sure they have good mechanics there but the customer service isnt there. It is all about their stealership and not satisfying the customer that just bought a 7500 dollar toy. I had problems with them on the fuel pump issue a few months ago but it ended up getting fixed.
post #8 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 02:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to thatguy

hales yamaha
08raptor 6499
salesman asshole,wouldnt deal at all, told me 3 to 4 days to get it in and it took 3 weeks
parts were definately slow coming in.
c- and thats being nice

<br />dobech gen.3<br />moose bars and tusk racing hand guards<br />k&amp;n intake<br />Trail Tech Vapor<br />Full HMF Sport Series<br />Rock A arm skids<br />Rock Frame skid<br />Rock Nerfs<br />Rock front bumper<br />N-STYLE Graphics<br />Rear RZR&#039;s
post #9 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 04:24 PM

06700r6999otd sierra yamaha A+ no b.s sales 10% off anything you want 4 life.siged paperwork on the bike running in ther back lot
pcp yamaha sacramento ca F.
had 8000 $ cash in hand no deal
parts. F kids w/little to no knowlage 13$ 4 oil filter
shop. buddy of mine got the super service pak went to have his fork seals replaced after haggling w\service manger on phone & getting verbal ok brought bike down service manger met in parking lot to tell him to forget it ther was nothing he could do.
they were going 2 charge me 4000$ to replace my case.
allso all dealerships in sac area price fix
post #10 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 04:32 PM

Cheyenne Yamaha, Cheyenne Wyoming

Sales- B, make me a decent deal on on my raptor

Service/ Parts- F, Sucks bad! Had a "custom map" made on their dyno for 245 bucks, and all it was, was a LRD full exhaust map put onto my bike, no changes to the map at all!... Damn near burned my bike down because of their map.

2007 Raptor 700 SE, Barker Duals, Hotcam Stage II, JE 12.5:1, TB bore by Kenny, +2 T-dub swinger, PCIII, airbox removed, EPIC motorsports Dyno Tune. &lt;--- Currently at Geisick Performance getting some more go fast!!!!<br />2003 Raptor 600RR- CBR 600rr powered Raptor<br />2004 Yamaha Banshee- MONEY PIT!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode