Raptor Forum banner

not getting fuel after dynatek cdi install

2K views 14 replies 2 participants last post by  UndeadMetalhead 
#1 ·
i don't know why its not getting fuel?

i can hear the fuel pump run. I've been over the dynatek install a bunch of times now and cant see anywhere i wired it up wrong and im getting good spark (pulled the plug and cranked it over) if i spray starting fluid in my intake the bike fires right up. i have no error codes. only thing i can think to do is uninstall the dynatek cdi go back to stock and see if it will run but figured id try here first.

using NGK plug, PCV, dyna coil and a blue plug wire without a resistor

cant find my old stock parts except the old coil but the bike ran with these parts before i installed the dynatek cdi

oh and its a non programmable dynatek cdi

#2 ·
Go thru your instructions again. Especially about the electrical connections. The TB connector is identical to another close by. Get the corrections right, and it should run great.

#4 ·
Sorry, I should have explained better. When I said the TB connector, that would be the Throttle Body connector on the injector. Abbreviated as TB, Throttle Body. Not, TPS, or throttle position sensor. Also check that the ground wire, (I think its black) is connected direct to the battery negative terminal.

If this doesn't make sense, then call Dyna Tech for trouble shooting. They're great people to work with.

#3 ·
i just made sure again, torx screws holding the TPS on and the middle wire coming out of there (not yellow like directions say cause PCV plugs in there) checked the crank position sensor wires and my coil wires to make sure. should i try plugging it into the yellow wire that used to be on the back of the TPS before the PCV came along?

#5 ·
I miss carburetors..

what should i do with the TB connector? directions only say TPS and crank sensor. not seeing any that are identical the directions seemed pretty clear but i dont know.

i wired it back up to stock and still won't run unless i spray it with starting fluid so i messed something up. i put a volt meter on all the nearby connectors and they are getting power.
i also hooked up my laptop to the PCV and it was reading when i gave it throttle so Im guessing my TPS is okay. maybe my injector is clogged?

#6 ·
If it ran before, it should run now. You may have a plugged injector, or a bad connection, bad plug, valve adjust, or something else. Get it running before trying the Dynatek again.

#7 ·
just took out my injector and its not plugged up. i dont see how the valves could need adjusted if it was fine before. i tried a new spark plug. its getting good spark when i pull the plug also it will run if i spray fuel into the intake. could my power commander be messed up. is there some way to check it with the laptop? its all just numbers to me. i know how to load the maps and thats about it. when i move the throttle with the laptop hooked up it shows im giving it throttle so i guess that means my TPS is okay? really out of ideas at this point.

#8 ·
took my PCV off and the bike starts right up. hooked the dynatek cdi back up and it works too. PCV doesn't work anymore gonna try loading maps on it and see what happens. it lights up and looks like its working. never payed attention to it since its under the seat but who knows. looks like i need a new one though.

#9 ·
Did you double check your PC5 connectors? As said last week, did you check the plugs by the throttle body. Two on the factory harness are identical, and easily confused.

If you still have problems, call tech service, before sending it back to seller.

#10 ·
yeah but im gonna check it again today just to be sure. the dynatek works without the PCV so im gonna keep the dynatek. the PCV wont work even without the dynatek. somehow i messed up my PCV im gonna try loading a new map on it maybe it reset somehow or something. if i have to buy a new one im gonna go with the dynatek fuel controller.

#11 ·
Dynatek customer service will take remote controltof your system and not only test the PC5, but your electrical system. CALL THEM.

#12 ·
wow i didnt know they could do all that. i tried calling last saturday i think it was but they're only open monday through friday. anyway the bikes been sitting for a few days now i've had other projects finally got back to working on the raptor went over all my connections they were all good decided i'd try it anyway and it starts right up lol. i dont know what the hell but im not gonna complain. i've had bad luck a lot lately so i guess my bad luck is over is all i can say.

#13 ·
Check all your connectors and make sure they are tight.

RIDE ON!!

#14 ·
buttoning everything up now with some dielectric grease but i have an error code 14 and its lean popping. checked the throttle body boot, the intake boot and the little hose on the intake are all secure. reloaded my map on the PCV to make sure it didnt reset.
could that intake sensor be bad from spraying it with starting fluid/fuel? would that sensor being bad cause it to lean pop?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.