Raptor Forum banner

Six mod with dual exhaust VS. six mod with single exhaust?

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  RaptorTy 
#1 ·
I currently have a 06 raptor with HMF full exhaust, Trinity intake with K@N, and a Dobeck fuel controller. I plan on upgrading to a Hot Cams stage 2 cam, dynatek programable ignition, and a +2 throttle body. I'm curious if anybody has ran a set up like this but with dual ehaust vs. a single exhaust like ihave and what the performance difference is? Id appreciate the help because i dont know if the dual exhaust will be worth it for a guy like me that rides more desert and dunes than anything else, and when im in the dunes im not there to dragrace.

#2 ·
Oh yeah I left out that I plan on adding a PC 3, and removing the dobeck.

#3 ·
IMO, if you can get a good price out of your single to go towards duals, then go for it.

If not, then stick with your single. HMF is a good exhaust. If yer not into drags, then the difference isn't gonna be that big of a deal. There is a difference, but it's not huge.

BTW, the stage 2 cam really wakes it up. Might want to think about a high comp piston while her in there. :thumbsup:

#4 ·
Yes I really have thought about a high comp piston but Im concerned about keeping my swing arm stock length. I was under the impression that maybe the high comp might make it al little hard to keep the front down. What about a arms that are plus one forward as well as +2 wide, does the plus one forward benefit a raptor at all?

#5 ·
Not really sure about the +1 forward arms. My +2 swinger really keeps the front end planted. When I do some steep tree shots or try racing it throws the front end up a bit with my mods. Once ya get used to it, it's pretty controllable. It might be a handful with a stock swinger though. Really depends on how ya like to ride. With mine in sand, I can pull a wheelie in 2nd or 3rd no problem with just a slight tug. It's not a wheelie monster by any means.

BTW, it's cheaper to do a +2 swinger than upgrading the a-arms.

#6 ·
Hey wobble i see you live just down the gorge from me, have you ever been to Juniper sand dunes just out of Tri-Cities Wasington? Thats where i do the majority of my riding, and i would say I more or less ride like a moto crosser in the dunes so my concern is with quickness of handling and precision so thats why i dont want to go too long with a swing arm but id be intereted to know what traits of your bike were changed with the longer swingarm? I really wish i lived as close to th coast as you, i have to add about 4 hours onto my drive to make it to Winchester :(

#7 ·
I've never been there. I spend 75% of my time trail/woods riding and 25% dunes. With the +2, it's still great in the trails. I can still climb slippery, muddy, clay-type hills no problem. I have buddies that have +4 and can't climb the same hills cause of too much wheel spin. IMO, +2 is perfect. I can control the front end and still do most of the steep climbs in the trails and dunes.

What shocks do you have?

#8 ·
I have YFZ front shocks with offset front wheels. In the rear I have a G force +2 axle and My rear shock was resprung and revalved by PEP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.