So I accidentally left the key on...... Well you are well aware of the
outcome! So my battery charger died a few years ago and I thought
I better go buy something good. I picked up a 45 Amp Stanley
Smart Charger from Walmart and it has nothing but five star reviews.
Come home hook it up and start charging the battery and about 12
minutes into the charge I hear "click" and the LCD screen on the
charger shows the clamps flashing (not a real specific error).
At that point I was like the hell with it, it's a tomorrow project. So I
come home from work tonight and pull the battery out of the Raptor
so that I can really get the clamps on the battery. Fire up the charger
and about 12 - 15 minutes again *click* and it shows flashing clamps.
So at this point what is more likely
Is it likely that sucking the
battery dry ONCE killed it? Or do I have a brand new junk charger
that I need to return? Do you think the internal resistance of the
battery is just too high for this whiz bang charger to deal with?
It said it was putting 24 amps into the battery. I have no way to
adjust the amount of amperage it puts out, it floats automatically.
I can't imagine draining the battery one time would kill it. What