Raptor 700 A-Arm help! - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Ride or Die

Raptor 700 A-Arm help!

So one of my A-arms got dented pretty good. I've been riding on it for a little bit because its summer and I dont want down time on the quad but I should probably change it sooner than later before it collapses on me. I see a few different brands around and I'm just wondering what you guys recommend or what you have/reviews.

Should I change them all out for new ones or should I just replace the one thats dented with a used stock one online? I dont really want to spend a lot of money and haven't researched much on A-Arms so not sure what the average price is supposed to be. I have been seeing from $500-$1500 for a set

thanks

2010 Yamaha Raptor 700R-SE
TFI Fuel Controller, Pro Flow Air Filter Adapter, Pro-Armor Kill-Switch, Protaper Handlebars, UPP Poly-Urethane Case saver, Powermadd Hand guards, Pro-Armor Nerf Barfs, Pro-Armor Rear Grab bar, Moose Racing Bumper, Maxxis Razr2's, ODI Grips, Aluminum Skid Plates, Primary Drive Sprockets & Chain, Mod Quad Gas Cap, Baffle Removed

Check out my Raptor videos by clicking the link below & subscribe! www.youtube.com/MrBlackthunder400
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 06:26 AM
If you don't wreck, you don't ride

Look into Houser or Lonestar, a little pricey but by far the best quality in my opinion. If I remember correctly a standard travel +2 set should run around 500.
black_thunder likes this.

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 09:49 AM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Garage
I have Lonestar X country and the quality is great. It's the price of shocks that can get expensive. Look for standard travel arms to use your 700 or 450 shocks. You can do a 'wanted' on the forum, or look on ebay. Teenwolf (in Canada) was doing a part out on the forum. He may have some, I'll bump him up the list. Tell him I sent you. The new 2016 arms come with replaceable ball joints included, and are cheaper if you buy a factory arm.

'19 Can-Am X3, RS Turbo, 172 HP, 1300x15 STU #2 paddle, Tribute front, DynaTec controller, cat delete, GTP blow off valve, custom flame wrap, Bent Metal windshield, Blazer wiper, rear window, 48in LED light bar, 14in LED light bar, GTP LED side lights, S3 shock tower brace, aluminum rear pull plate, 5K Badlands winch, dual batteries, 5ft lighted whips, Rugged radio and intercom, interior lights, rock lights, chase lights, over $200 additional switches, YES, street legal with dirt tires.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 09:57 AM

Is it a lower or upper one? You can buy new 2015+ upper a arms with the ball joint for cheap. Also, Alba has an affordable kit, but I'm not sure of the quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 01:51 PM

if your not looking to drop a load of money into an a arm setup just buy a used one off ebay. make sure it has a new ball joint and bushings. i think i paid 50 for mine a few months back. smoked a rock in 3rd dented the wheel and bent the a arm. half hour of wrenching and you will be back out riding.good luck!
black_thunder likes this.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 03:42 PM

Garage
There is a set of factory arms on face book.

'19 Can-Am X3, RS Turbo, 172 HP, 1300x15 STU #2 paddle, Tribute front, DynaTec controller, cat delete, GTP blow off valve, custom flame wrap, Bent Metal windshield, Blazer wiper, rear window, 48in LED light bar, 14in LED light bar, GTP LED side lights, S3 shock tower brace, aluminum rear pull plate, 5K Badlands winch, dual batteries, 5ft lighted whips, Rugged radio and intercom, interior lights, rock lights, chase lights, over $200 additional switches, YES, street legal with dirt tires.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Ride or Die

I was looking at these Alba's, anyone have an opinion on them?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Rapto...ZWeYva&vxp=mtr

I was also looking at these however theyre in blue and I would prefer black or red as well as they are a little more expensive

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lonestar-Rac...p=mtr#shpCntId

TFI Fuel Controller, Pro Flow Air Filter Adapter, Pro-Armor Kill-Switch, Protaper Handlebars, UPP Poly-Urethane Case saver, Powermadd Hand guards, Pro-Armor Nerf Barfs, Pro-Armor Rear Grab bar, Moose Racing Bumper, Maxxis Razr2's, ODI Grips, Aluminum Skid Plates, Primary Drive Sprockets & Chain, Mod Quad Gas Cap, Baffle Removed

Check out my Raptor videos by clicking the link below & subscribe! www.youtube.com/MrBlackthunder400

Last edited by black_thunder; 09-04-2016 at 04:20 PM.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Ride or Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammy View Post
Look into Houser or Lonestar, a little pricey but by far the best quality in my opinion. If I remember correctly a standard travel +2 set should run around 500.
any major difference with the +2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEZPERADO View Post
I have Lonestar X country and the quality is great. It's the price of shocks that can get expensive. Look for standard travel arms to use your 700 or 450 shocks. You can do a 'wanted' on the forum, or look on ebay. Teenwolf (in Canada) was doing a part out on the forum. He may have some, I'll bump him up the list. Tell him I sent you. The new 2016 arms come with replaceable ball joints included, and are cheaper if you buy a factory arm.
Thanks. the ones in the links ive posted appear to work with stock shocks so thats kind of what I was leaning towards. Dont really want to drop money on shocks to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptordude View Post
Is it a lower or upper one? You can buy new 2015+ upper a arms with the ball joint for cheap. Also, Alba has an affordable kit, but I'm not sure of the quality
lower

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 04:35 PM

I've heard the Alba are good, especially for the price. They're not as good as lone star or houser, but they're a good bang for your buck. The only downside is that they use some sort of plastic polyester bushings that wear out quick and squeak

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 06:32 PM

Garage
[QUOTE=raptordude;3233825]I've heard the Alba are good, especially for the price. They're not as good as lone star or houser, but they're a good bang for your buck. The only downside is that they use some sort of plastic polyester bushings that wear out quick and squeak[QUOTE]

The bushings need to be greased inside and out when installing. Or, upgrade with better ones before installing. Ask Alba for the Raptor forum discount, it all helps.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode