Yamaha Raptor Forum

Yamaha Raptor Forum (https://www.raptorforum.com/forums/)
-   Raptor 700 Discussion (https://www.raptorforum.com/forums/72-raptor-700-discussion/)
-   -   Steering Stem (Alba Racing); underside bolt size (https://www.raptorforum.com/forums/72-raptor-700-discussion/377165-steering-stem-alba-racing-underside-bolt-size.html)

drwinlied 07-26-2018 12:30 PM

Steering Stem (Alba Racing); underside bolt size

First off, I know this is a long shot, but I'll give it the ol' college try.

Does anyone know what size bolt threads into the underside of an Alba Racing Steering stem (at the top)? On the underside of the header, which the handlebar mounts bolt to, there are two tiny bolt holes for mounting a bracket, I'm sure. I imagine these would be standard across all Alba stems, at least. I didn't see the holes until the stem was mounted and the atv was all back together (otherwise I just would have brought the stem to the hardware store and tried everything until I found the right one).

I'll get a picture here in a bit. My explanation is poor, at best.

Well, I tried to upload a pic, but it keeps failing. gawd! lol

mcclelland32 07-26-2018 11:19 PM

easy day... M5x.8 if your talking about the two bolt holes that would be used for... say a key relocate plate

drwinlied 07-27-2018 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcclelland32 (Post 3433317)
easy day... M5x.8 if your talking about the two bolt holes that would be used for... say a key relocate plate

Man, if I could like that more than once, I certainly would. THANK YOU! I mean, I was just going to zip-tie the key ignition to the steering stem...but I think this might work out better in the long run haha

mcclelland32 07-27-2018 03:01 PM

Do you have a key relocate plate already? I have an aluminum one I can send to you just pay shipping. If your interested let me know.

drwinlied 07-27-2018 03:43 PM

YAS! PM sent

drwinlied 08-07-2018 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcclelland32 (Post 3433317)

Sadly, M5 x .8 don't thread in. Alba isn't helping either. I'm going to just start buying random ones I guess. However, I feel the m5 x .8 was close...so thanks for getting me that far, at least :)

drwinlied 08-07-2018 08:31 PM

I'm just going to go ahead and triple post up in this bish.

I FOUND THE RIGHT SIZE!! For the Alba steering stem, what you need are 10-32x1/2 and so concludes this adventure. Thank you @mcclelland32 for the relocate plate! I've already dremeled it up so it works fine.

mcclelland32 08-08-2018 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drwinlied (Post 3433921)
Sadly, M5 x .8 don't thread in. Alba isn't helping either. I'm going to just start buying random ones I guess. However, I feel the m5 x .8 was close...so thanks for getting me that far, at least :)

Huh... I have two alba +2 stems and the m5 x.8 threaded into both as I checked both before I replied. Well glad you got it figured out.

Chance Moto 09-14-2019 07:05 PM

Hey guys. Silly question -I just installed the Alba +1.5 steering stem and the underside bolts (that secure the clamp to the stem) are rubbing against the tank plastics near full lock. Am I doing something wrong or has anyone else experienced the same issue?

TorchTarga94 09-16-2019 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chance Moto (Post 3452915)
Hey guys. Silly question -I just installed the Alba +1.5 steering stem and the underside bolts (that secure the clamp to the stem) are rubbing against the tank plastics near full lock. Am I doing something wrong or has anyone else experienced the same issue?

I had the exact same issue on my 06'. Live with it or trim the bottom of the bolts off with a dremel/die grinder. It shouldn't be the nuts hitting the tank cover, just the leftover section of the threaded antivibe bolts.