Raptor Forum banner

Raptor 700 starts to stall after riding for a few minutes!!

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  slapshot12 
#1 ·
WHEN I START UP MY BIKE IT STARTS UP WITHOUT A PROBLEM THE ONLY THING IS, IT BACKFIRES AND POPS WHEN SLOWING DOWN. AFTER A FEW MINUTES OF RIDING WHEN I COME TO A STOP AND TRY TO MOVE OFF THE BIKE DIES I WOULD TRY TO TURN IT ON STARTS RIGHT UP BUT WHEN I TAP THE THROTTLE THE BIKE DIES AGAIN I LEFT IT FOR A FEW THEN STARTED IT BACK UP I HAD TO GRADUALLY PRESS THE THROTTLE FOR IT NOT TO DIE ANYONE KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON???PLEASE HELP!! THE OWNER BEFORE ME HAS BEEN RUNNING ON A DIRTY AIR FILTER ALSO JUST TO LET YOU KNOW :help:

"07 RAPTOR 700"

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum

Sounds like you are in need of a fuel controller, that will help get fuel at the right time. Did you replace the air filter?

ps, please turn CAPS off on your keyboard.

Also I am moving this to the correct sub forum..

Reactions: KAYDAAN700R
#4 ·
Check the gas cap vent. Should blow in, but won't suck out.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

#8 ·
I think i have found the problem , the gas tank doesnt have a vent hose i know nothing about the vent hose so im just wondering if that could be behind everything ?
Bingo! If the tank won't vent it will act like it's running out of gas.

Reactions: morphrider
#7 ·
You should have a vent hose on top of the gas cap, is there not one there? If not, you might even have a plugged gas cap, where the tubing will go.

#12 ·
I don't know if the Raptor has one, but check the fuel tank for a filter in the bottom. My friend's Z400 was doing the same thing and he found that filter all clogged up. The increased fuel flow would suck all the crap onto and starve the engine. When the engine stalled and fuel flow stopped, it was released from the filter screen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.