worst day off my life - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 164Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 93 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 06:40 AM Thread Starter

Garage
worst day off my life

so i went to work on my raptor 700r se 2017 in the garage a couple weeks back. well i decided i needed the gas from the tank for my car tank. me being a dumbass had a propane heater on the floor about 15 feet away and again me being a dumbass i try tipping the quad over with a funnel in a gas can to get the gas out of the tank. as im holding the quad on two wheels no gas is pouring out of the atv. so i edge it further on its side and as im going further over i realize i cant hold the atv up anymore and that it was going to be turned on its side. as soon as it hit the flooor gas started spewing out (about a full tank . like 2.9 gallons or something) i ran around the front of my atv and as i started to pick it up i looked over to see where the heater was but at that moment is when the litte flame from the heater made one huge flame into my quads tank instantly without even being 5 inches from the gas, the fumes were just so powerful it went up fast. i seen my quad was turned over and in flames and i freaked out grabbed the heater and propane . threw them out of the garage and slamed the foor shut behind me. called 911. luckily after the fire department showed up the garage hadnt burned to the ground. lost my baby though and i had insurance but because it was on a loan they wont be doing anything but paying the rest of the bike off for me. cant believe this..... my passion for riding was everything. fuck my life.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	51339518_393938861166269_3603496983186112512_n.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	132329  

RaptorRider1997
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 93 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 07:06 AM
POTW Moderator

Garage
Holy Fricking COW!!!!

Well, look at this way. It's a toy, you can buy those. Your house and your life were spared. Quick thinking to eliminate it getting any worse. ugh, we feel for you man, that sucks majorly.

[U]2006 raptor 700

DMC Force 4's, FCI W/box, Dynatek Fusion,
CP 11:1 piston, BaMotorsports porting, HC3
RacersEdge +3TB
YFZ 450 fronts & reworked rear by JOGACA
Trailtech 1 1/8 xbar w/vapor dash & Vapor installed
ODI Rogue grips & ASV pro pack levers
Fastway steering stabilizer
68HP 49TQ

PM me if you need service manuals
post #3 of 93 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 07:40 AM

Location: Somerset, Kentucky; the home of beautiful horses and fast women!
Good Lord man I am so sorry. As Morph said please try to focus on the fact that you were not hurt and the raptor can be replaced. I know it must suck. WOW!
DEZPERADO and AJ Duesler like this.

post #4 of 93 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 09:22 AM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Garage
I agree with them, you're OK, and can always replace the bike. But something's fishy with your insurance. They should pay on the value of the bike, not the loan payoff.
morphrider, AJ Duesler and Rprice like this.

'19 Can-Am X3, RS Turbo, 172 HP, 1300x15 STU #2 paddle, Tribute front, DynaTec controller, cat delete, GTP blow off valve, custom flame wrap, Bent Metal windshield, Blazer wiper, rear window, 48in LED light bar, 14in LED light bar, GTP LED side lights, S3 shock tower brace, aluminum rear pull plate, 5K Badlands winch, dual batteries, 5ft lighted whips, Rugged radio and intercom, interior lights, rock lights, chase lights, over $200 additional switches, YES, street legal with dirt tires.
post #5 of 93 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 09:35 AM

Garage
that really sucks! but like the rest have said you still have the house and your life.

06 700 se
+2 Alba A arms
+1 Houser ant-vibe stem
Fasst Flexx bars
Precision Pro stabilizer
long travel yfz shocks redone by Jogca
oem rear shock redone by Jogca
GBC XC-Masters
Big Gun Exo duals
FCI intake w/box
PC5 w/ignition
post #6 of 93 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 10:26 AM Thread Starter

Garage
same, idk much about it though being the quad was in my mothers name. shes the one who told me they are just paying off the rest of what is owed. i bought it brand new in 2017 in janurary so im really angry about the fact it was brand new 2 years ago and now i wont get a replacement for a total loss. just doesnt make sense. how can i look into this more. what questions can i ask my mother.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEZPERADO View Post
I agree with them, you're OK, and can always replace the bike. But something's fishy with your insurance. They should pay on the value of the bike, not the loan payoff.

RaptorRider1997
post #7 of 93 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 11:20 AM

So sorry, but as others have said, be so thankful it wasn't worse.
There's a guy on Grizzly Central that had a worse day/year than that.

Summary: He was loading his Grizzly in bed of the truck, truck started to roll, he tried to jump out to get in the truck but got caught up under the truck tire, almost bled out due to arm and leg injuries before someone came along to help him. They amputated from the knee down on one leg. He's now back up and around after lots of rehab.

We always need to be extra careful and not get in a hurry. Easier said than done often, I know.
morphrider, DEZPERADO and Rprice like this.

2007 Yamaha Raptor 2/8/2011-
Amsoil Synthetic Oil
GYTR Sport Bar, Engine/Frame Skid, Swing Arm Skid
Dr. D Reverse, Voyager Trail Tech, Houser Nerf Bars

2019 Grizzly 700 Camo EPS
2018 CFMoto CForce 500s
1987 Yamaha Warrior (1986-1989) Was heavily Modified.
post #8 of 93 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 11:45 AM

[email protected] BRO . THAT $UCKS.
BUT THE QUAD CAN BE REPLACED
YOUR ALIVE AND YOU OR ANYONE ELSE DIDNT GET HURT.
OR YOUR HOUSE.
STAY POSITIVE AND SEE WHAT THE INS COME OUT WILL BE....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
morphrider and DEZPERADO like this.
post #9 of 93 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 11:55 AM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Duesler View Post
same, idk much about it though being the quad was in my mothers name. shes the one who told me they are just paying off the rest of what is owed. i bought it brand new in 2017 in janurary so im really angry about the fact it was brand new 2 years ago and now i wont get a replacement for a total loss. just doesnt make sense. how can i look into this more. what questions can i ask my mother.
You or your mother can start with questions to the insurance company. You should have equity to be reimbursed. If you don't get a positive response then contact your local insurance commissioner. Who did you have for insurance?

'19 Can-Am X3, RS Turbo, 172 HP, 1300x15 STU #2 paddle, Tribute front, DynaTec controller, cat delete, GTP blow off valve, custom flame wrap, Bent Metal windshield, Blazer wiper, rear window, 48in LED light bar, 14in LED light bar, GTP LED side lights, S3 shock tower brace, aluminum rear pull plate, 5K Badlands winch, dual batteries, 5ft lighted whips, Rugged radio and intercom, interior lights, rock lights, chase lights, over $200 additional switches, YES, street legal with dirt tires.
post #10 of 93 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 12:02 PM

Location: Somerset, Kentucky; the home of beautiful horses and fast women!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Duesler View Post
Ask to see the policy. I guess it depends on how much was left on the loan. if the amount left to be paid on the load is more than what the insurance Co deems the quad is worth at two years old then I'm sure that is the insurance co. response.

it all depends on the wording of the policy.

Again I hate this happened. Try to see a silver lining if you can.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in