Raptor Forum banner

My new Raptor 700r se

5K views 38 replies 9 participants last post by  QUADBOSS 
#1 ·
Just got back from picking her up from the dealership. :grin

See less See more
#2 ·
Sweet choice, now go get it dirty!

Huge house man, wouldn't want to foot that heating bill for something that size in Colorado..

Reactions: QUADBOSS
#6 ·
She sure is pretty, that color is nice too...

#7 ·
Thanks man, if you and Pete ever make it down south I need to come ride with yall... :wink

#5 ·
Just got back home... I own 40 acres out in the country to play on... she’s a beast haha put probably about 3 hours on it... gonna baby it for about 10 hours or so, change the oil then it’s time to open her up

I had a forestry mulcher clear some trails on my property and the dang leftover debris is epic, doesn’t bother me on my Can-am but on the Rappy those limbs etc fly all over the place hitting my fenders... I need to go clean all that up some.

#9 · (Edited)
Installed my new handlebars, grips, grab bar, gas cap, levers, removed the reflectors, and did the key relocate last night. Now waiting on the nerf bars to get here.

Reactions: morphrider
#10 ·
Nerfs installed :D

#12 ·
I work too much haha... I tried to install the MADD hand guards, just will not work with my setup...

#16 ·
Adjustable shorty brake and clutch levers
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077YMD76V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

#17 ·
Look good and they have Orange, which is a tough color to find for my wife's 07. I run shorty ASV on mine and sometimes when it gets hot from hill climbing in the dunes it's a bear to pull. Half tempted to go normal length again after putting in stiffer clutch Springs too.

What are your initial thoughts on those levers?

#18 · (Edited)
I love shorty levers, run them on all my quads and street bikes, well except for my Outlander. The adjustability is just a bonus, this is my first set of Rzmmotor CNC brand I usually run CRG but they seem the same to me, good quality. I only use two fingers on the clutch and one for the brake, comes from my earlier motox racing days.

#19 ·
Yup, same here. My dirt bikes have shorties, only way to run them. Habit transferred over to the quad. Full length seem so retarded, but I do have plenty of them in truck tool box and back pack on rides. Seems to be the key thing to break on the bikes when someone does a soil sample in the middle of a ride. Put those on until back home to order another shorty, lol.

#20 ·
Frustrating these hand guards (Bark Busters) will not fit. I’m in the garage now messing with them haha, I even tried mounting the bracket upside down... still won’t work. Only way to get them to fit is to move brake and clutch levers further in and that’s restarted lol I suppose if I ran normal glue on grips I could make it work but I love these ODI Rouge grips too much.

#21 ·
My Alba front bumper should arrive tomorrow...

#22 ·
Front bumper installed

Reactions: Team 2 gils
#23 · (Edited)
Nice ride.

Not to try and high jack your thread. Just some idea's.

Did the hand guards last week. Just put them on my YZ I trail ride with and liked them so much I put them on the Raptor also. The main reason for them was to protect the twist throttle. Twist throttle is awesome. No more folded back thumb if you hit something.
The frame was particularly vulnerable so I made a skid plate.
Had to have the new Precision Elite stabilizer too. Big difference.

#24 ·
Sweet! Another red se. No worries brotha, glad to have somebody to talk and share ideas forum seems a bit dead since I joined. Twist throttle, hmm.... I was thinking about that but didn’t know anybody run them anymore on atv’s. What brand and do you have a link? Steering stabilizer is a nice idea too, I haven’t found I needed one yet on the Rappy. Nice work on the skids. That’s next on my list is some good skids. I need to save up some more money :grin

Oh and I suppose I could put those kind of hand guards on there one day if I ever change the grips. What brand are they?

What state do you live in? I need new people to trail blaze with.

#25 · (Edited)
I am in Ocala, Florida. Come on down. Some sandy trails through the Ocala National forest is where I usually ride

Yes I was skeptical about twist throttle as you don't see many doing it. I love it. So much better control of the throttle in all situations it seems so far anyhow. Had it out several times with it and don't see the problem. Well that is kinda why I did hand guards mostly to protect throttle a little better just in case.

The stabilizer seemed like a no brainer even though they are $600 when you have had the bars ripped from your grip and slammed to the locks at speed just once if you survive. They are very helpful I am hoping as I have only tested in field by the house but a row of washouts you can drive over barely holding the handlebars and the steering stays on course. Going for a real ride soon. Realized had a front end alignment issue that wouldn't allow it to track straight. 1 1/2" of toe out. The inside wheel would go full 90°'s to straight at the locks. It was always pulling one way or the other now it goes straight even if in a turn and you let go.

The throttle kit is Motion Pro kit with cable. The guards are Cycra ultra with HCM mounts that replace the top of the bar clamps. The bar end mounts I machined and they thread in the bars. They come with expansion anchors.

#28 ·
I miss having sand to ride in, I lived in Pensacola for a year. Had a KFX400 back then, was a great atv. I might look into that twist throttle. Thanks for the info.

#29 ·
I ordered the Pro Taper (Raptor) bend bars today, going to see if I like them better than the (mid) bend.

#30 ·
Thought about trying different bars too. Mine are the low rise and work great for drags and hill climbs, but when we hit the whoops section I stand, seems like they are too low at that point.

#31 ·
First chain oil and zerk greasing... maybe 4 hours on her now. That will change soon, I've been working on building a track on my 40 acres out in the country in my spare time.

#33 ·
Was riding around the house earlier and my gas light came on. 1st tank of fuel through her. Im guessing maybe 3-4 hours of run time just riding normal for break-in.

Im getting some backfiring on deceleration, all stock. I know they run lean from the factory so I might go ahead and put a Power Commander 5 on her with the stock filter and exhaust and try adding some fuel.

I will get a full exhaust one day but Im enjoy the quiet stock exhaust for now.

#34 ·
Just remove the quiet core and it will perform and sound way better. If loud exhaust isn't a problem then I'd recommend DASA. Try to avoid tarmac when possible. It eats these original tyres pretty quickly.

#36 ·
The stock tires and wheels are going to be my idgaf set haha... will be getting Hiper beadlock wheels with a set of Maxxis Razrs in a couple of months.
I want the Big Gun Evo R duals when I get a full exhaust but gonna wait a bit and see how it goes out on my property and the 3 hunting clubs that surround my 40 acres haha.

#35 ·
Just took off the Pro Taper (Mid Bend) handlebars and installed the Pro Taper (Raptor Bend) handlebars. The Raptor Bend is way more comfortable for me. The Mid Bend looks better haha but I think I will stick with the Raptor bend.
I think if I was racing atv tracks on a 450 I would go with the Mid Bend. But for trails I think the Raptor Bend is better. That’s just my opinion though.

#37 ·
I’ve got a question about towing your set up. I really love the look of jeeps but how does it handle with the quads on the trailer? I would definitely pull the trigger on getting one but it seems to be a huge down grade to go from a 6.0 1500 to a rubicon from a hauling point of view

#38 · (Edited)
I love my Jeep but towing trailers with it sucks haha... towing just the Raptor is ok but anything over that I wouldn’t go too far. Max towing capacity is only 3500lbs That Pentastar V6 struggles when I tow my Can-am Outlander 1000 XMR... and when I tow my side-by-side and the Can-am on the trailer it’s not fun and I dont go very far when I do that.

My next vehicle will be an F250 diesel

#39 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.