Clutch Replacement - remove water pump? - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 15Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Unread 09-06-2019, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Clutch Replacement - remove water pump?

I have a 2018 700r, do you need to pull the water pump off to replace the clutch or just be careful and make sure the gear is engaged when re-installing the cover?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Unread 09-07-2019, 12:13 AM

On my 07 you can leave the water pump on the clutch cover... still have to drain coolant, obviously

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
DEZPERADO likes this.

07' Raptor 700- 11:1, hotcam 3, Pro design intake with K&N, +3 throttle body, Monster big bore duals, MSD with cuervo timing, JOGACA shocks, trail tech VAPOR, GYTR heel guards & bumper & nerfs, .250 aluminum skids, TM case saver, folding anodized levers and shifter, powermadd hand guards

04' raptor 660-Hot rods crank, .5mm overbore, 11:1 wiseco piston, Stage 1 hotcam, Yoshimura slip-on exhaust, K&N filter with outerwears, open lid airbox, Dynojet stage 2 jet kit
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Unread 09-07-2019, 01:23 AM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team 2 gils View Post
I have a 2018 700r, do you need to pull the water pump off to replace the clutch or just be careful and make sure the gear is engaged when re-installing the cover?

Thanks
Drain the oil and coolant, then tip the bike over on it's side and prop, clutch side up. Pull the clutch cover and leave the pump connected. Easy access to all bolts and no oily, dripping mess. Do the full fiber mod and don't use Tusk clutch kit.
morphrider and 4stroker4life like this.

'19 Can-Am X3, RS Turbo, 172 HP, 1300x15 STU #2 paddle, Tribute front, DynaTec controller, cat delete, GTP blow off valve, custom flame wrap, Bent Metal windshield, Blazer wiper, rear window, 48in LED light bar, 14in LED light bar, GTP LED side lights, S3 shock tower brace, aluminum rear pull plate, 5K Badlands winch, dual batteries, 5ft lighted whips, Rugged radio and intercom, interior lights, rock lights, chase lights, over $200 additional switches, YES, street legal with dirt tires.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Unread 09-07-2019, 06:55 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Dez and 4Stroker.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Unread 09-07-2019, 07:23 AM
POTW Moderator

Garage
I had a slight leak to mine after using new OEM gasket. Cuervo has a reuseable gasket you might want to look into since you race a bit you might go through your clutch a bit more.
DEZPERADO and 4stroker4life like this.

[U]2006 raptor 700

DMC Force 4's, FCI W/box, Dynatek Fusion
CP 11:1 piston, BaMotorsports porting, HC3
RacersEdge +3TB
YFZ 450 fronts & reworked rear by JOGACA
Trailtech 1 1/8 xbar w/vapor dash & Vapor installed
ODI Rogue grips & ASV pro pack levers
PRM Edge Baja bumper w/12" Cree spot/flood bar
PRM Desert grab bar
PRM A-Arm skids, GYTR skid, ProArmor swinger skid
Fastway steering stabilizer
68HP 49TQ

PM me if you need service manuals
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Unread 09-08-2019, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphrider View Post
I had a slight leak to mine after using new OEM gasket. Cuervo has a reuseable gasket you might want to look into since you race a bit you might go through your clutch a bit more.
Wish I thought of that earlier. Took a couple hours to get old gasket off. Not looking forward to ever doing that again.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Unread 09-10-2019, 05:40 AM

It would be nice if the side covers were made like my MX bikes, you can change clutch plates/fibers in 10 minutes or less.
morphrider, DEZPERADO and ian77 like this.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Unread 09-10-2019, 12:44 PM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 418Stroker View Post
It would be nice if the side covers were made like my MX bikes, you can change clutch plates/fibers in 10 minutes or less.
"Direct Drive" in Damascus Oregon adapts a removable cover to a factory side cover. Talk to Scott or Lisa and tell them you know me by my real name, Larry Smith.

They also do Banshee and Honda 250R covers. Check their site for other KOOL stuff.
morphrider likes this.

'19 Can-Am X3, RS Turbo, 172 HP, 1300x15 STU #2 paddle, Tribute front, DynaTec controller, cat delete, GTP blow off valve, custom flame wrap, Bent Metal windshield, Blazer wiper, rear window, 48in LED light bar, 14in LED light bar, GTP LED side lights, S3 shock tower brace, aluminum rear pull plate, 5K Badlands winch, dual batteries, 5ft lighted whips, Rugged radio and intercom, interior lights, rock lights, chase lights, over $200 additional switches, YES, street legal with dirt tires.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Unread 09-11-2019, 05:29 AM

Thanks for the information on the clutch cover.
DEZPERADO likes this.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Unread 09-11-2019, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEZPERADO View Post
Drain the oil and coolant, then tip the bike over on it's side and prop, clutch side up. Pull the clutch cover and leave the pump connected. Easy access to all bolts and no oily, dripping mess. Do the full fiber mod and don't use Tusk clutch kit.
Tusk is bad?

Enviado desde mi SM-N9600 mediante Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in